• Register Today It's free!

Question about '01 Sport lift

Explo01

Reaction score
City, State
Orange Co. California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I have a 2001 Sport 2WD. Are there any suspension lift kits out there? How about individual parts, (ie steering knuckles, control arms, long travel, etc.)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much lift do you want, or what size tires do you want to fit?

Welcome!

There are many lifts available, from cheap to outrageous. Just depends on your budget and aspirations. Please search around the site for some ideas.

I would like to fit maybe some 33x12.5 tires.

You can get 3" lift spindles. Or use a 3" body lift and tt/shackles. Or use the spindles and body lift. Your options are unlimited! :D

I would use the 3" 2wd lift spindles + TT in the front, and SOA in the rear.

EDIT: Of you reuse your current leaf springs, you're looking at about $600-700, not including new shocks, rims, or tires.

If I install 3" 2WD spindles, and if I give it a torsion twist, would I also have to replace my control arms? And does SOA make shackles or hangers?

You would not have to replace anything else in the front other than shocks.

SOA means Spring Over Axle swap. You can buy generic parts for about $50, or the kit from Superlift for $100-150 to do this. You'll need to have some welding professionally done.

If I install 3" 2WD spindles and if I give it a torsion twist, would I have to replace my control arms as well? What's SOA? Do they make hangers and shackles?

About how much lift are we talking about if I give it an SOA? And can just about any fabricator do the welding for me and for how much are we talking about?

5.5" in the back. About any shop can do it. I'd buy the Superlift kit from 4 Wheel Parts and have them put it on. May cost you a bit more in labor to have them put the entire kit on, but they'd do it perfectly. Just suggesting that since there are tons of 4WP stores in CA.

Back