• Register Today It's free!

Question about bodylift part#883?

fury

Reaction score
City, State
austin,tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 ford explorer sport
i just ordered this body for my 99 explorer sport and wanted to be sure about a couple of things

1. it has all the bolts i need except for two

2. front bumper brackets work but the rear don't

also i read the the bumper brackets from another bodylift would work with my explorer if you could tell me which one thanks

and is it really that hard to put on a explorer

thanks for any help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. correct.. you can make them work though if you drill out other bushings like you do the core mount ones.

2. correct.. i didn't pay attention to the fixes other people did. i used metal shop at work to make new brackets.

no its not hard to put on at all. very easy actually, just take your time.

The front bumper was my biggest problem on my install. I ended up yanking the welded in bolts out of the front bumper brackets and using grade 8 bolts to bolt the bumper back on. I also had to cut the tabs on the front of the frames to make room for the bumper to allow it to be raised into the stock location. A little cutting on the front bumper also was needed. Amazing what a sawzall can do! Here is a really good write-up a guy did that really helped on my install. http://mudmarine.tripod.com/3bodyliftinstall/index.html

thanks for the help but i tried the link it doesn't work.
i have also been trying to look up that same write up but can't seem to make the link work on any of them. got any ideas

link works for me

Back