• Register Today It's free!

body lift part # 883 questions

brodie hynd

Reaction score
City, State
roswell georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer xlt
the 3 in body lift form performance ac. part #883. If comes with every thing i need correct. I dont need to buy ne special parts ifi do let me what ones

thanks guys happy trails

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You'll need two more 150mm bolts. At least I did on my '96 using the 853 kit. I'm pretty sure they're the same.

Just take two bolts from the kit (if you already have it) to a local fastener/hardware store and get two more with the same thread pattern, but in 150mm lengths.

I believe with the 883 kit, you would need a steering extension from a 853 kit.............I may be wrong. Here is a Dead Link Removed that may help a little.

Robb

I believe his '99 will not need anything else.

"The 98-01 kit will work on ALL 95-01 Explorers with the exception of the steering extension on 95-97's. Here's the catch, you need the steering extension from the 95-97 kit for 95-97's, but the 95-97 kit does not have the correct bumper lift brackets so after a few hit and misses we found it easier to order the 98-01 kit and then specify that you need the 95-97 extension. When purchasing your bodylift kit, order the 98-00 kit #883. If you have a 95-97, make sure you exchange the 98-00 steering extension for the 95-97 extension."

jobunn
Thanks for that! Learn something new everyday. I guess I tend to pay a bit more attention to the 95 info, and I figured it would apply to the 99 also, MY BAD!

Robb

Back