• Register Today It's free!

Question for guys in Seattle Area

beavis195

Reaction score
City, State
Sammamish, WA and Provo, UT
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4 door
I live where there are no decent car accessory stores near me. I've seen people from Renton near where I live and Seattle, I believe Mike is his name. Anyway If you guys read this, where is a good place to get accessories and dress up items like PIAA and Hella lights and stuff like that other than going all the way to Tacoma? Have either of you tried offroad outlet in Redmond? I just moved here like a year ago so I'm pretty much clueless about the area.
Thanks for your help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The offroad outlet moved :( they were my favorite store too.

Avoid Eastside truck center in Kirkland like the plague. They're rude overpriced and do shotty work.

Olympic 4x4 is a long drive since it is in snohomish, but they have a killer showroom and HUGE 4x4 junkyard on hand.

There is supposed to be another shop in Renton somewhere, but I've never been there.

Mat

yeah i live in edmonds and there's nothing even close. I think i should start a 4x4 shop in seattle

Offroad Outlet moved? Damn! Where to? That sucks! I never even got to go there! Well, if I take 202, I can be to the snohomish county line in about 20 minutes. Then to Snohomish is a long way though.

MatnChad, just looked at your website. Your X looks tight. I have the same foglights in the bumper. Well, got a question for ya. We were just in Monroe well, really near it last night looking for the "Seven Steps of Hell" Indian burial sight that's supposedly haunted. We found it and yeah it was creepy. Anyway, where exactly did you go in Monroe? And if your ever in Redmond or Issaquah, we found some cool trails that you might want to try. Really Muddy. From Redmond Head East on SR-202 until you get to Sahalee Way stoplight. Turn Right and go for just a little bit until you get to NE 50th and turn right. On your left will be the trail. It's hard to see. It is kind of hidden by tree branches. But you'll see it. It's steep and narrow getting up there but it's a lot of fun and muddy. Also, where could I go at Snoqualmie Pass? Any other great trails you could tell me about would be appreciated.
Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks

As far as real decent 4x4 shops, there are not many in our area. There is Central 4wheel Drive in the Kent/Renton area, and there is TC's Off-Road in Kent just off Central Ave, but they are pretty $$.

Actually, they are both on the same road just about 5 to 8 miles apart.
Take I405 to Hwy 167 and get off on the 180th St exit to West Valley, and head South. Central will be on your right about 3 or 4 miles.............

Hope that helps.

Seems to me there was a place in Bellevue too. Can't remember the name.

AC

Seems to me there was a place in Bellevue too. Can't remember the name.

AC

Bellevue? Cool! I'll have to find it. That's like 7 miles from my house.

This is what I have found that is NE of where I live. Thought this might help you out some. Did me.

Northwest Differentials 11914 124th Ave NE Kirkland, WA (425) 827-2868
Eastside Automotive & Tire 12676 NE 85th St Kirkland, WA (425) 827-8686
Eastside Truck Ctr Inc 13400 NE 124th St # B Kirkland, WA (425) 820-8687
Offroad Outlet Inc 8901 Willows Rd NE Redmond, WA (425) 558-9238
Toys For Trucks Inc 12708 Highway 99 Everett, WA (425) 348-5103
Palmer's 4x4 Ctr 10115 4th Ave W Everett, WA (425) 355-8902

I had a hell of a time finding any shops when I lived in Seattle for a year back in 1994..

I think I found one in Kirkland and one up in the north-end of Seattle.

It doubly compounded the issue because I had a custom prerunner Ranger and had to order parts for it from San Diego @ ORW

I miss Seattle but dont miss the lack of resources that I had there unlike in So. Cal.

Doug
class of 94 UW
GO HUSKIES

Redmond, WA

What up.
I live in Redmond, WA and got my PIAA's at Car Stereo Plus in Redmond. Its a tight store and the guys there are hella cool and are well known by lots of the Microsoft dudes for doing good work and installs on Audio Systems and after-market lighting.
-Broderick

Gina in K-Town

This is weird to hear you guys talk about places I can actually picture in my mind. All these shops in Kirkland, that's where I live!

beavis195 and Mat R - Looks like you guys know all the good trails around here. I just got my 94 4x4 and I haven't tried him out yet! If either of you could give me directions/places to go, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm a beginner though! Nothing too tough. beavis, you mentioned Issaquah...I'm down there ALL the time because that's where I ride (horses). I was thinking about trying out the trails up on Tiger Mt but I can't find an inlet. I know there has to be because the paraglider guys drive up there. Where do you go in Issy?

Well, I too haven't found an inlet to Tiger Mountain, mainly because in 1988, Weyerhauser was kicked off the land and all service roads they had made for logging were closed off to motor vehicles. I just moved here a year ago, so Mat will know a lot more about trails around here than me. I think your best bet is head up to Snoqualmie Pass. I bet you can find some trails over by alpental or Hyak. I'm going to go up Monday and look around. I live on the Sammamish plateau that used to be part of Issaquah. Try the trail I suggested earlier in Redmond. Just go when it's been nice outside for a while like it was today so it has a chance to dry out in some places. I am a beginner too, just don't do anything that looks real dumb. From I-90 take exit 15 I believe (The first Issaquah exit with the Chevy and Ford dealership off to the right) and go left towards Issaquah. Turn left onto East Lake Sammamish Parkway. If you turned on the correct street an Albertsons and a McDonalds will be at the Intersection you are supposed to turn left on. Continue until you get to SE 43rd Street. Turn right and you will be going up a big hill to the plateau. SE 43rd becomes 228th Ave. Just follow 228th all the way (a guess is like 10 miles) until you go down a hill similar to the one SE 43rd was. Right before the stoplight you will see a street called NE 50th. Turn left and to your immediate left will be the trail. It's hard to spot and have someone lift up the tree branches so you don't scratch your X to get into the trail. It's probably a lot faster to take 202 from Kirkland though. Have fun and maybe I'll see ya there.

Yo Beavis, where about ulive?

Whats up man, I live on Sammamish Plateau also. Where about do u live? Im near the QFC shopping center by Pine Lake MIddle SChool. I drive 98 White Explorer that has PIAAMOTORSPORTS sticker on it... ever seen me rollin around up there? Latez
Broderick

Tiger has gone flat over the last few years thanks to Weyerhauser I used to hunt bear up there but you can't get in there anymore, even from the backside.

There are some great trails if you head towards Crystal Mountain. The Naches is a funone and there are a lot of places you can bypass if the get too tough. I used to ride motorcyclesthere all the time. Ihave taken my old 87 F-150 over it a few times. It has some really fun stuff,though it gets tight ina few places. GreenWater outside of Enumclaw and before Crystal has a ton of trailsif you look hard enough.

Re: Yo Beavis, where about ulive?

Originally posted by Frshpwdr2k
Whats up man, I live on Sammamish Plateau also. Where about do u live? Im near the QFC shopping center by Pine Lake MIddle SChool. I drive 98 White Explorer that has PIAAMOTORSPORTS sticker on it... ever seen me rollin around up there? Latez
Broderick
Well we could be neighbors. I live by Discovery Elementary. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen your Explorer. Does it have Altezza's on it? That's a sweet ride man.

Yeah i got Altezzas

Yeah man, I have Altezza's. I know the Discovery area real good. Thats tight, how old are you? Later,
BRoderick

I'll be a Senior at Skyline High this year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might be hittin up Skyline next year

Yo Beavis,
I might be transfering to Skyline next year... im gonna be a senior. Yeah they have some bomb ladiez their... u know any peeps there? LIke uhh Michael Aguerro.. havent talked 2 the kid for a while but used2 be like best friends, then i got sent off to private school. Latez
BRoderick

Back