Questions 2016 Explorer Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions 2016 Explorer Sport

Can you move the 2nd row seats back? Is it on rails or is it fixed and you can only recline?

Im fairly certain atleast one side of my 2015 Base's 2nd row seats slides back, and i know both sides recline, So i would assume all models do this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On the Sport you can move the 2nd row bucks back and forth about 4" on rails. Believe you can recline as well but didn't pay attention to that. Just picked mine up last night.

Thanks, the dealer I went to only had the bench and it felt a little cramped.

Thanks, the dealer I went to only had the bench and it felt a little cramped.

the bench as a whole slides too - IIRC. I'd swear when we looked at some earlier they did. but I think it's just harder to move. - doesn't recline though.

either way get the buckets without the console. Unless you just need 7 seats - if so get another vehicle.

and I know this is an explorer forum but go check out a flex while you still can. cheaper with more room. I still wish the wifey would have liked it a little.

I've got the bench of my 2016 limited.. u can recline the seats, and i've seen the lever on the front legs to adjust them back and forward but i've never honestly tried adjusting them. Reclining I've used though. Squished 5 adults in the second and third row, and they seemed pretty comfortable from when I asked them up front.

the bench as a whole slides too - IIRC. I'd swear when we looked at some earlier they did. but I think it's just harder to move. - doesn't recline though.

either way get the buckets without the console. Unless you just need 7 seats - if so get another vehicle.

and I know this is an explorer forum but go check out a flex while you still can. cheaper with more room. I still wish the wifey would have liked it a little.

Any reason not to get it with the console? I don't plan on using the 3rd row. The console isn't expensive to add and I think it looks nicer with it.

Any reason not to get it with the console? I don't plan on using the 3rd row. The console isn't expensive to add and I think it looks nicer with it.

Get it when you order your Explorer its $150....if you ever want to take it out it's easy. To order later is approx $280-$300 depending on your source.

other than OMG I NEED MOAR CUP HOLDERS

my reason for not getting it - our's is the new kid hauler - when she gets a bit older without the console she can craw herself to the back seats without having to move the the second row seats.

second reason - the controls for rear AC are at the back of the front console, it gives some useable floor space. there are cupholders in the second seat pockets, etc etc.

grated when ordering it would be cheaper and easy to remove if you don't want it - however you then have to put it somewhere. why bother - it's just a box. if I just have to have one - I might make my own but I foresee no need for it.

unlike the second row console in the flex - that box has an refridgerator option - and that's just useful.

Im fairly certain atleast one side of my 2015 Base's 2nd row seats slides back, and i know both sides recline, So i would assume all models do this.

Yep just checked, the "40" side of the 60/40 rear bench seat goes back and forth about 4 inches, and both sides recline.

Back