Questions about Badges and Emblems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions about Badges and Emblems

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both have adhesive, the Explorer badge just has it, the Ford badge has adhesive and 2 pins. I believe the pins each have a friction nut, but they may just be to get a proper alignment when attaching.

whats the easiest way to remove the emblems.. Hair dryer and fishing line or what else would work and be easier..

can someone tell me what the easiest way to get them off

i took mine off with a hair dryer and just something thin to pry them off with, itll leave holes and mine looked like **** so i put them back on.

i took mine off with a screwdriver but padded the edges to not mark up the truck... and the explorer emblem itself on my 4 door had 3 pins, so it will leave 3 holes, the ford emblem had 2 pins and left 2 holes

I use fishing line and a pair of gloves.

This is where i f'd up.

On my 95 XLT there were 2 holes in the EXPLORERXLT emblem and 3 in the ford emblem. NEVER figured out why the hell ford decided to have 3 holes in such a tiny emblem. Probably to deter people like us from removing them.

Anyway, i used WD40 to spray around it, and a scraper CAREFULLY to take it off. The abrasive wasnt too bad to take off, i didn't even use a hairdryer although that is how i pulled the pinstripe off. Hairdryer and WD40 again.

Anyway, the holes suck and i had the tailgate repainted and bondo'd to fix it :fire:

WhiteXplurr said:
NEVER figured out why the hell ford decided to have 3 holes in such a tiny emblem. Probably to deter people like us from removing them.

It is so us crooked eyed auto body techs can but them back where they belong and straight !! :)

Use black RTV to put emblems back on. Please don't use the yellow(goop) adhesive, it becomes harder with age. LOL,
Don

Back