Questions about replacing head unit in 02 EB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions about replacing head unit in 02 EB

canuckjgc

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ex V6
I'm going to replace the head unit with an Alpine w235bt from Crutchfields. I've never done this before. If someone could help out with these questions I'd appreciate it:

1) I have the Eddie Bauer with 6 cd changer - does this have a factory subwoofer? How can I tell?

2) How do I get the trim off around the existing stereo without breaking it? Is the stereo easy to remove?

3) How tough is this job overall? Stereo shop wants $90/hr for 2 hours, I dont want to pay that.

Any other tips welcome!

Thanks.

Sorry this should have been in audio and nav, if a mod could move it there I'd appreciate it

I'm going to replace the head unit with an Alpine w235bt from Crutchfields. I've never done this before. If someone could help out with these questions I'd appreciate it:

1) I have the Eddie Bauer with 6 cd changer - does this have a factory subwoofer? How can I tell?

2) How do I get the trim off around the existing stereo without breaking it? Is the stereo easy to remove?

3) How tough is this job overall? Stereo shop wants $90/hr for 2 hours, I dont want to pay that.

Any other tips welcome!

Thanks.

Replacing the Head Unit is not difficult at all.

Check out this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271666

Good luck with the installation. :D:thumbsup:

Back