• Register Today It's free!

Questions About Wheel Spacers

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Okay So I Want To Run Either 1" or 1.5" Wheel Spacers On My Third Gen On My Stock 17s And I Plan On Running 265/70R17 Tires. I Know There's A Bunch of You Out There Who Run Them. I Would Like To Know What Size You Run, As Well As if You Have Any Problems With Them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have 1.5" hub-centric spacer/adapters on my rear axle. Make sure you get hub-centric ones with the correct bore size for our trucks or you could run the chance of the wheel not being centered on the axle leading to all kinds of problems. I have 35s on my 8.8 solid axle which isnt quite the same as yours but I haven't had any problems so far.

I have 3" Hubcentric spacers all the way around and I haven't had any issues as of yet. Just had a little bumper trimming to do up front when I got my new tires.

FYI, you didnt mention it but if you are using the spacers FOR the tires you dont need them. If you are doing it for aesthetics it should look sweet.

FYI, you didnt mention it but if you are using the spacers FOR the tires you dont need them. If you are doing it for aesthetics it should look sweet.

I Just Wanted Them To Stick Out Further Then Stock I Think It Gives It A More Aggressive Look IMO

If you go to the 3rd gen pics sticky you will see what 1.5 " spacers look like. Im lookin to get 1" spacers all around myself. Any recos?

Okay So I Want To Run Either 1" or 1.5" Wheel Spacers On My Third Gen On My Stock 17s And I Plan On Running 265/70R17 Tires. I Know There's A Bunch of You Out There Who Run Them. I Would Like To Know What Size You Run, As Well As if You Have Any Problems With Them.
im running 265/70/16 cooper discoverer at3's with 1.5 inch wheel spacers i got on ebay. to play it safe buy ones that have the hubcentric lip.
14362_10151255758771406_1857378036_n.jpg

im running 265/70/16 cooper discoverer at3's with 1.5 inch wheel spacers i got on ebay. to play it safe buy ones that have the hubcentric lip.

I bought hub-centric ones from eBay too, long story short the threads stripped out. No more spacers for me, went straight into the trash!

14362_10151255758771406_1857378036_n.jpg

Do you have any lift or is that stock..?

So, just short of me going and taking some measurements, are the stock front tires supposed to stick out further? It almost looks like the rear fenders are meant to handle a larger tire, which reminds me of how the mustangs are set up. I just bought a set of (4) 1" spacers. I think perhaps i should have got 1.5 for the backs.

Update. If you get 1" wheel spacers, you will have to cut the studs. Pain in the butt, the 1.5 " bolt on, done and done.

Hey ghatzi3, do you know the size of the lip in mm? I got ones without the lip like an idiot and i have to return them

The hubcentric spacers should have a 70.3 mm hub bore

Wiil that measure dictate the size of the lip?

Does anybody have the lip length size off the stock hub?

yes. the hub bore will dictate the size of the diameter of the lip

Hey guys quick question, my ex is pretty much completely stock besides the painted trim, wheels, and 2wd mod. i want to get some wheel spacers to give it some stance untill i can afford tires and such. i plan on running 2'' all around, is this safe? Can i still do donuts in mud with my 2wd?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back