Questions on 3" coils and add-a-leaves | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Questions on 3" coils and add-a-leaves

Reaction score
City, State
Gig Harbor, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91' EB Explorer 4dr
Where can i get 3" coils for 91 EB, and would it be better to use shackles or add-a-leaves in the rear so i can fit 33's? Would it be better to go with coil spacers in front or 3" coils? By the way, i will also be getting a 3" body lift. Please respond to this, thank you.:rolleyes:

You could just do a spring over axle conversion for the rear, i did it on mine and it fits 33's pretty well. I don't know if just shakcles or add-a-leafs would be enough...maybe you could do both if you didn't want to do SOA. I don't know about 3" coils however...you might call whoever makes a 4" lift and ask for those coils then hope they settle down some...

$$$$

Ok, you see thi thing is I am on a college budget so what i am trying to do is get as much lift for as cheap as i can. So what do you think would be the best way to go as far as a combination of some of those ways or whatever?

Thanks man

2" is the most you can go in the front before needing drop brackets. You will be un-allignable after about 2 inches.

Back