TT WAR153 shocks and add a leaf | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TT WAR153 shocks and add a leaf

Big Bear Bob

Reaction score
City, State
Big Bear area of Southern Ca. near "Rim of the World drive", & Sugarloaf Mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT /01 Dodge 1500 4X4
I just did a TT and Shackle lift and got 1.25" out of it. I have been thinking about adding one leaf add a leaf to the rear and then leveling it out. Would that get me the two inches I was hoping for, or would it just cause problems with my Shocks (Monroe Sensatracts). The salesman basically said it would add one to one and a half inches to the rear. I would like to keep the truck level, so if I twisted the tortion bar up to 2.25 or 2.5 inches would that be a problem all considered?

twisting the t bar up to 2.25 or 2.5 isnt advised.... you will have almost no suspension travel....

Thanks for responding jimabena74

We took the truck out yesterday with Ken Cooke Adam who is his Brother in Law, and Aaron who goes by "seeker man" or "The seeker" on the jeep 4X4 page. I Believe the did truck did fine keeping up with them on Gold Mountain here in Big Bear even with only the 1 - 1.25 over all lift, so I will leave it alone for now. Maybe sometime in the future I'll get an older F-150 or older Bronco and put a few dollars into it to see what happens.

Yesterday the only problem I had was at about sun down I got high centered for a few minutes because I was blinded by the setting sun. There was a Boulder in the middle of the road and "Duh", if I had gone right or left, I would have been fine, but no the best line I could see was straight center of the road the sun was and pretty much blinded me. But oh well things happen no harm done and we had a great trip. Gold Mountain did Moon ridge just to get a few photos, and ended up the day at 3n61 (Jacoby Canyon)

Over all the 1-1.25 is a fair improvement over stock height, and I only heard one other rock bounce off the undercarriage

Thanks for again the response jimabena74
3B

I was pretty happy overall with the 31's and the TT Shackle lift. Until last weekend when a rock seperated my differential plate DRAT!!!

Back