• Register Today It's free!

Questions

xHYDR0_T0XICx

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer Sport
So I picked up a 3rd gen sport (02) with 104k miles on it. 4.0 and the 5 spd auto tranny. I have some questions as to what I can do about some issues.
1. Gas tank level dash indicator can vary up to half of a tank depending on parking uphill or downhill. How can I fix this?
2. Losing a little bit of coolant. The previous owner said to check the heater hoses, and it kind of looks like it could be dripping from there because of the way its landing on the frame, but the actual coolant is on a hose under the bumper support, how can I track down a coolant leak?
3. Gas mileage. Terrible. 12mpg city, maybe 14hwy if I'm lucky. Any suggestions?
4. AC not working. Compressor fully functional, but system has no refrigerant in it to compress, so it cycles on and off. Can I buy a can of AC pro? What is the pressure for these systems supposed to be at?
5. Serpentine belt squeaks a lot. I know its not the harmonic balancer. Anyone know the belt length for these belts? I'm going to be picking up a goodyear gatorback belt but i need to know the length of belt I need to get.

Back