Quick! Jensen any good at all?

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. I thought you'd guys know about this best...

Are Jensen head units any good? My dad's factory deck in his car has croaked and we need a replacement. Jensen is one of the few makers of a 1.5 DIN deck and I swear to my death I won't use an adapter plate ever. Pioneer makes them but they're a bit too expensive to my dad. He doesn't bump or anything, you know. Just something that sounds pretty good. The 1.5 Jensens are a lot cheaper than Pioneer.

It's either Jensen

or Pyle or Boss :thumbdwn:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

out of those three brands it choose jensen but dont expect much out of it. if all he needs it for is playing cds it should probably do the job with minimal skipping

I've always heard that Jensen's were junky and cheap....i never bought any because of that so i can't tell you about reliablity.

I think i would buy a Pyle over a Jensen even with the way its pronounced...:D

Jensen is crap. Wanting to buy a 1.5 DIN is lowering your chances of a good HU since the best use single DIN. I'd buy the adaptor and get a better brand. Might as well buy a new factory HU if you're thinking about Jensen.

Huskyfan: once again, you're saying things I don't want to hear :D

But thanks for the replies. I'll go with the Pioneer then. As I have said, the day I stick a 1 DIN head unit into a 1.5 din slot is the day I die.

He's actually not into CDs, so if Jensen has a decent FM tuner but a crappy CD player, so be it. But otherwise, I think the Pioneer is the best choice.

But still, like is Jensen better than stock? It just died because the tape player is broken and stays in tape mode, and won't do FM.

if he's not into cds why don't you just buy a high quality tape deck with fm/am

the pioneer is definitely the better choice but it doesnt sound like he's too serious about sound so if money is tight the jensen would probably do that job just fine for his needs. Not to mention, Jensen products have great security features...nobody wants to steal them

Wagonized said:
the pioneer is definitely the better choice but it doesnt sound like he's too serious about sound so if money is tight the jensen would probably do that job just fine for his needs. Not to mention, Jensen products have great security features...nobody wants to steal them

hahahah nice

+1 on Pioneer Best bang for the buck cd players

I have a jensen, I only bought it because it was cheap and I needed a cd player. Its worked fine for over 2 years now, my only problem was a lose wire which was a 10 minute fix. For what it cost i'm very happy with it, it is a big improvement in quality over the stock hu.

Thanks for the replies guysbut I was able to find a cheap Pioneer on eBay. $98.00 total. Thanks, and I'll remember what y'all said about the Jensen.

Back