• Register Today It's free!

2000 mountaineer brake noise

cashmoney37

Reaction score
City, State
South Bend, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 mountaineer
About a year and a half ago I put on new cross drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Well just recently within a month, when my brakes are hott the drivers front will sqeal almost like a warning squeek when the pads are worn. But my pads are fine, so its not that. What could it be? Are the pads bad? How do I check. Its only when the brakes r heated up,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your caliper could be dragging, try greasing up the slide pins, and everything else, and see if it stops. I know when I did my brakes in the fall they squeaked for a few days, then I took them apart, and realized the guide pins where almost solid on the driver side. got new ones, and used A LOT of brake grease, and they are perfect now.

when I say everything though, I don't mean EVERYTHING, just the contact areas of where the pads slide across the caliper, and the guided pins them self's. I suggest getting the big bottle of grease as well, I got the big one from AZ, and CRC makes it, I think It was $8, also check and see how you spring clips are doing, if they are rusted, they could make the pads hang up.

Does the noise almost go away when you hit the brakes harder also?

The noise gets quieter when you hit the brakes. I cant remember what brand they are off handi think I paid 300 for all four and pads. I bet its the slides needing to be greased. im gona check it out

I've bought regular Duralast Gold Pads with stock rotors and experienced the same noise. Mine went away after about 6 months of use...

Back