Radford's 01 Ex sport on 33s pics are up ! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radford's 01 Ex sport on 33s pics are up !

hey guys its me and i finally got my lift done by myself and tires put on. now i finally got a rig that people actually look at when i drive around. someone even said " hey i like your jeep man" i was quick to say " its an explorer man, nothing like a crappy jeep " but let me know what yall think and what i should do next thanks all you guys for the help while i was building it up.

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explorer2vf.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explorer21yv.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explorer30yl.jpg

http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=explorer44ab.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very tru... my only problem is my bumper lift brackets i made well the hang about 1/2inch lower than the actual frame. so the tow hooks have to be no wider than the frame if i put them on from underside of the frame... the front i will def have to put on at an angle... no room since my bumper got lifted 3inches...

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Well, I really don't know where to put mine on the rear. I've tried every possible arrangement and since I don't have a BL, the bumper is actually lower than the hooks at almost evry point, so if I was pulled from that, the strap could either be cut from the bumper or it could possible bend/push the bumper up. With the shackles in the back, the bumper front of it, and a rivet for some x member in the middle, it really makes it hard to place them.

i know what your saying but it seems like if you have the tow hook hanging low enough ...that the bumper in the way wont be to bad i dont see how it would cut the rope but as for bending bumper.... adds character...even know im the same way i dont want any scratches or dents but i want to see it crawl up a mountain also..haha... but like ppl have said just throw a d ring in your bumper... if i still had a bumper i would do that.. they look cool hanging off the back of a car too... real offroad looking haha..

bump

*****in'

Hey, nice virgin truck...lol..j/k.

It'll be trail ready when it looks kinda like this...
mattexsprt_climb.jpg

This also hints to why you need to remove those step bars, first day you do some hard riding they become scrap metal. After I crested that hill, I came down on those slabs. Besides, when you land on 'em they fold up into the door sill, breaking the rocker panels and preventing you from being able to open the doors. Do youself a favor, take them off and sell them on eBay.

You're not experiencing much rubbing because your T bars are twisted up so far that you don't have any flex. Another reason to ditch the step bars.

Put your factory D-rings back on the front, cut what you need to make them fit, they are the best towing hooks you will ever find. As for the rear, just bolt on some heavy tow hooks on the back frame rails like in the previous pic. It will be enough to get you out of a sticky situation. If you are going to be yanking some one out of a stuck, you'll need to use your front D-rings.

Finally, I assume you have A/C, make sure you take some zip ties and tie the main liquid line away from the belt tensioner. Under a load the belt tensioner may cut that line. It's about $400 to replace that. If you need a pic I'll take one.

From what I saw, it looks good. Hope to see some clearer picks up soon.

Matt

glad to see someone finally understands my problem with the front tow hooks... i take it with your front pre runner style bumper you had plenty of room to put them back on haha.... man seriously though.. its like 3inches of cutting just to get them to work... i dunno about doing all that..how bout you hook me up with your front bumper id really like to know who made that for you.. wanna get another ... for me...

by the way every idea i have for my truck has come from yours... its the only one i like.. ur my idiol :) haha

well that wasnt very nice....but oh well i wish i could still roll with you guys but i think its time for a jeep with some long arm :D .... but it looks like he just welded the westin safari bar to his frame or something like that and just added a skidplate other then that looks damn good glad to see someone do something that i pussed out on hahah

osker75 said:
looks like he just welded the westin safari bar to his frame or something like that and just added a skidplate

I made the skidplate....and the safari bar is welded.....but is coming off soon.

Matt

hey id love to take that safari bar off your hands if its still in good condition... would it still work if i had the grey moulding on i dunno if yours is an aftermarket one or not...but i noticed you dont have the grey plastic like i still do.

oh yea by the way i when i got done with the body lift... i def forgot about the zipties until i came back from a short trip to make sure everything was ohk... turns out it wasnt ohk... the hose must be replaced and it has to be that special pipe so 190 bucks down the drain good thing my uncle owns the dealership...

ouch. that only effects sports right? because i didnt ziptie anything after my body lift.

if i were you i would try to check and make sure its not close. some have problems others dont.. you can actually look inside your front right wheel well and see the belt tensioner and see if that hose is close... if it is use 2 or 3 zipties just incase and tie it to one of the holes inside your plastic fenders on the inside.. in the future i will have a strap or bracket made to hold it back

ericradford01 said:
oh yea by the way i when i got done with the body lift... i def forgot about the zipties until i came back from a short trip to make sure everything was ohk... turns out it wasnt ohk... the hose must be replaced and it has to be that special pipe so 190 bucks down the drain good thing my uncle owns the dealership...

I can get you one for 150 new

mynameisaric said:
ouch. that only effects sports right? because i didnt ziptie anything after my body lift.

it applies to all....

hey man if its the right hose then i wouldnt mind it.. how can you get it for that price...?

bump

ericradford01 said:
hey man if its the right hose then i wouldnt mind it.. how can you get it for that price...?
auto supply warehouse near me

how much they asking for that hose where you are?

my hose wasnt even close after my body lift installed...
so all are not the same..

ya i looked too. i'm clear. even if i had a 3 inch. but i personally dont like the look of body lifts. so i got the 2 inch. black paint does wonders tho. makes the frame almost disapear. but i also like my body lift cuz it was cheap and i have room for sliders..... oh and the lift :D

Back