• Register Today It's free!

Radiator cap and hoses kit

chux

Reaction score
City, State
Pannawonica . West Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 96xlt shoc v6
I live in the outback of Australia and the only radiator cap i could get was a 13psi instead of the factory 16psi will this cap make my cooling systerm run hotter.
I had to replace one heater hose as it had a small leak so it might be a good time to replace all hoses but trying to older hoses one by one over the phone is a nightmare , so it there a aftermarket hose kit i can buy that has all the heater,bypass,radiator hose in it for my 1997 xlt explorer sohc 4.0l v6 auto.
Thank You

------------------

Hi Chux-I like the Goodyear products the best. I've found that their belts - Gatorbacks work well with my '91XLT. Carparts.com sells a bunch of radiator hoses. I just got my Goodyear preformed hoses from them the other day. Check them out. You also might want to order a new radiator cap and thermostat as well. Here's a coupon code you can use online to save an extra 33% off - 1357004. I think the best hoses are silicone ones made by Goodyear, but Carparts.com carries only the rubber ones. They should be able to help you with what you are looking for.

Hey guys just a quick question, do you know where I can get blue radiator hoses for my '91 thanks for the help
RobbieJ Xplor'n

------------------
Robbie J 1991 XLT 4x4 4.0 4-door

Robbie-try contacting either Jegs at www.jegs.com or Summit Racing at Dead Link Removed I know they carry the blue silicone hoses for Mustangs. They may have them for Explorers too.

Back