Radio problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radio problem

Waffleofdarkness

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Ranger
Hey there, Ive bought myself a 2000 Eddie Bauer expo. It still has the stock radio, it comes on in the sense that sound comes through the speakers and I can tune it but theres no display, at all. Normally I would put an aftermarket one in but this has a 6 disc changer, which works. I kinda want to keep that, so is there any way to fix teh display on my Radio? Or is there a way to connect the changer to an aftermarket radio (Certain brands or something)?

Cheers

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey there, Ive bought myself a 2000 Eddie Bauer expo. It still has the stock radio, it comes on in the sense that sound comes through the speakers and I can tune it but theres no display, at all. Normally I would put an aftermarket one in but this has a 6 disc changer, which works. I kinda want to keep that, so is there any way to fix teh display on my Radio? Or is there a way to connect the changer to an aftermarket radio (Certain brands or something)?

Cheers

super common issue. look into the Dorman replacement power board 586-001 for your radio, around $50 on-line. there's a thread on this site (with pics) on how to change it out.

here's the link:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395093&highlight=dorman+586-001

Currently selling for $43.97 (Free Shipping) at Amazon.com.

Took about 15 minutes to fix mine using Koda's link.

Good Luck,
Dan

I'd just go with an aftermarket radio, it will make everything sound better. 6CD Changer is so obsolete at this point. You can get something that can read a usb drive, SD card, bluetooth, etc.

I'd just go with an aftermarket radio, it will make everything sound better. 6CD Changer is so obsolete at this point. You can get something that can read a usb drive, SD card, bluetooth, etc.

that was my thought.. lol its like having 6 tape vhs changer.. kinda obsolete now.. get something with usb and use an ipod. that will hold way more songs than a cd and if you want to spend a little more you can get blutooth aux usb navi internal memory, sd card slots the possibilities keep going!

that was my thought.. lol its like having 6 tape vhs changer.. kinda obsolete now.. get something with usb and use an ipod. that will hold way more songs than a cd and if you want to spend a little more you can get blutooth aux usb navi internal memory, sd card slots the possibilities keep going!

I also enjoy having the space of the entire storage area, and not just half of it.

Back