Radius Arm Bushings replaced still aftershake | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Radius Arm Bushings replaced still aftershake

skittles

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport '94
Hi all,

It's the girly girl again. Just had the RA bushing replaced and ANOTHER alignment done on my 94' Sport 4WD, 93K. We were going to do the RA bushing ourselves BUT the nuts weren't moving.

Side note: This has been the BEST alignment thus far. Got it from Adam's Auto Alignment in Williamsport, PA.

The ride is better! *smiles* But there is still a bit of a shake after bumps in the road. Haven't taken it over 50 yet. The LF shock was kaputt. Slippery stuff all over the wheel well and such. We took the 2 months old (maybe) shock off last night and there was no spring left! I pulled it all the way apart! There was MAYBE 1,500 miles on it. Cheapie shocks (Monroe something or others, under another name) but I was hoping they would last until the end of summer so I could get the Edelbrocks I really want. Well that shock will be replaced tonight.

I guess my question is... If this new shock doesn't help balance off the ride and help the aftershake a bit more where would/should my next step be? I know new Edelbrocks are in the NEAR future (next paycheck, 2 weeks away). Would a steering stablizer help?

Thanks for any and all information!
*smiles*
skittles

OHHHHH I forgot we will also be putting Edelbrock IAS Shocks on our 77' F 150 too!!!!

------------------
I'm just a girlie girl who *smiles* and *giggles* alot... *smiles*

[This message has been edited by skittles (edited 07-28-1999).]

Back