Radius Arms/Brackets with JD Lift

BTRs X

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Maysville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Explorer XL 4x4
I just purchased a used James Duff 2.5" lift from another board member. Everything came with the kit other than the Radius Arm Drop Brackets. So obviously I need to do something with my radius arms before I can lift my Explorer. Well I have come to the conclusion that I need either extended radius arms and brackets or radius arm drop brackets for a 2.5" lift.

Does anyone have either of these for sale? or pictures and measurements so I can fabricate the brackets? Is there a certain length of extended radius arms that I need to be looking for?

Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone suggested that I can put the James Duff lift on without doing ANYTHING to my radius arms and brackets........is this true? Thanks.

You will have 0 or negative caster I believe which can cause the vehicle to not track straight and the wheels to not to tend to return to the center after a turn I think. May also cause tire wear issues, I'm not positive.

If the caster is too negative the steering will be light and the vehicle will tend to wander...

If the caster is only 1 degree off or so.. Moog (federal mogul) makes ecentric(sp?) radius arm bushigns which will adjust your caster up to 1 degree (positive or negative)..

So... This just might work...

BTW.. Caster has little effect on the tire wear.. Toe and Camber do that.

~Mark

You can buy the drop brackets from Duff, I may have a set we can sell you as I have the Duff lift but I ma runing skyjacker extended arems so my Duff RA drop brackets were taken off.

YOu mine as well get it over with though and get the extended arms :) The Skyjackers are "affordable", very tough, and fit great! The tranny crossmember is also very stout, Skyjacker arms seem to be the prefered arms (I love them) HOWEVER they are made to be used with more then 4" of lift, I am pushing it with only 4.75" approx. Eventually I will run some 3-4" bent beams, with stock drop brackets, the Skyjacker arms, 6" coils, and rancho 9000's, custom coil buckets and shock towers will be used with my setup.

410 Fortune,

So you have the James Duff radius arm drop brackets that come with the Stage 1 lift?
Are they in good shape?
I could really use these....I just started back to college(senior!) and until I get out I am on a very limited budget. How much do you want for these? Thanks.

Actually I gave them to Brett, so he haas them because he needed them and we swap parts ALOT. So we will have to find out if he is willing to part with them, I shot him an email so we will wait to hear back.......

410Fortune,

Any word on the James Duff radius arm drop brackets? Im getting desperate. Thanks.

Back