Ram grill guards -- feedback? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ram grill guards -- feedback?

zavetsky

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4x4
Just ordered a "Ram Grill Guard" from Quality Bumper company in Arizona........

$169.00 plus $42 in shipping/handling.....

Guy said it could take up to two weeks for them to get it (the company might have to make it) and then 7-10 days to get to me....

Does this sound right?

Does anyone have one of these?

They look sharp, by the website.....a classic style one piece welded unit, double chromed with light tbas, etc.....

Now, all I need are some killer lights for it! :)

Any feedback? Anyone deal with this company before? They are the only ones who seem to offer a one piece, welded chromie.......

I just hope I can wait the 3 weeks!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you put up a link to the website? I would like to take a look at it. Thanks

link to Quality Bumper

Here's the link.........

Dead Link Removed

I got a phone call from them saying that they would have the manufacturing company drop ship it right to me.........so I should get it a little sooner.....

I am a little on edge......the pictures look great, but it tough to gauge the character of a piece of body armor by a picture (and not one of an Explorer, to boot...)..........

Tell me what you think...........

I like it. Not to big, not to small. I hear you though, It is hard to tell what it will look like. It does look nice though. Keep us informed on how it works out.

Nothing wrong with it, but it wouldn't stand the abuse like I've treated mine to already. BUT, at $200, you got me beat.

If the Grill Gaurd is From Grizzly, it is a Good one, i had one on my 84 Bronco 2, it was sturdy and the plateing never flaked off(yet). Good Luck!

Grill guard

Goober.............

Yeah, I know this one won't be the kind you can tow with or anything....this one iis just mounted to the bumper bolts ....Yours looks like it is frame mounted...Couldn't swing the $$$ for that kind right now....

But, really, what I wanted was somewhere cool looking for some off road lights for an upcoming beach trip.....

I have a similar guard on my Dak for the last 7 years and it has really taken a lot of abuse and seems to have lasted well....Of course, rust and chrome always go together if one isnt careful....! :)

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Back