• Register Today It's free!

Rancho Quick Lift

beachthug4

Reaction score
City, State
los angeles, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 xlt 4x4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't hold your breath. Search around and you'll find that 3rd/4th gen owners may never actually get their hands on this.

thats been in their aplication guide for eons... long before they even had the "quick lift" name to it, but no ones ever seen more of em than that

13 months and going...

Check their website, released 10/06... They have an application but only in theory... It's better right now to find an alternative.

Gorancho.com

Rancho Quick Lift Part# R38RS999781 Fits Rear
and I believe R38RS999870 Fits Front

Hi Guys

I know this is an old thread but I have some update to add.

I found That Rancho Have 2 types of QuickLift for the Explorer 4th Gen.

QuickLift (Struts only)

ql_shock_lg.jpg

Front Lift 1.5" RS999755

Rare Lift 1.25" RS999756

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/application_pdf/Rancho_Suspension_Quick_Lift.pdf

And QuickLift Loaded (Pre-assembled with coil spring and upper mount)

qll_shock_lg.jpg

Front Lift 1.75"

Left Side RS999939
Right Side RS999924

Rare Lift 1.00"

Left Side RS999942
Right Side RS999927

http://www.gorancho.com/assets/application_pdf/Rancho_Suspension_quickLIFT_Loaded.pdf

I ordered a set of Rancho QuickLift Loaded for my Trck form 4Wheelparts.com

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits-Suspensions-and-Shocks/Rancho-Quick-Lift-Shocks.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=90&t_pt=5537&t_pl=100239&Year=2007&Make=FORD&Model=EXPLORER+XLT#ancResult

for 179.99$ for each including shipment, unfortunately they are in back order and I have to wait for 2-3 weeks before the will be shipped to me.

I'll post my review on them as soon as I install them.

AsianCouple102... did you ever end up installing the QuickLift system? I'm probably about to purchase a 2006-2008 Explorer Limited and want to get just a little more ground clearance out of it if I do. Just wondering if the QuickLift is worth it.

Good info mate.

Something every 4th gen should have !

Anybody want to buy me a set of these? :D

C'mon guys he asked nicely... (Tryin to help ya bro)
Posted via Mobile Device

Anyone purchased/installed these lately?

SUL73NAZ has some. Though he's getting one of them replaced under warranty because the lower spring perch broke loose when he was driving in the desert. Hopefully just an isolated issue because for the price you'd think quality would be better.

Me too, would like to see a set of Quicklifts by themselves, WITHOUT spacers, on a 4th gen. I know the Electrician also runs them, but he has long since stacked them with spacers.

What I need is an adjustable shock for carrying my heavy dirt bike on the hitch, so I do NOT want a leveling kit (that would squat)

If the height gain is minimal, I might just install Quicklifts on the rear, and dial the shock to 9 when the bike is on there. But at the same time I don't want the rear end too high up in the air when unloaded.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The adjustment on the quicklifts does not control the amount of lift. All it does is adjust the valving characteristics (basically how fast or slow the shock compresses and rebounds) which changes the way the ride feels in different conditions (on road, offroad, etc). The lift they give is a result of the rate/preload of the spring that is installed on the shock, which is essentially fixed. Since Rancho basically uses the OEM type design, the only way to adjust the lift height on them would be to install a longer and/or higher rate spring.

To have adjustable ride height like what you're describing would involve a set of coilover shocks (like Fox, King, etc) that have spring preload adjuster rings, or an airbag suspension. Both of these are do-able but
would be a custom designed setup for your truck.

Edit: I just remembered that you can get these rubber block things that you insert between the coils of the springs on a vehicle when the suspension is drooped out. Essentially they keep the spring from compressing as much as it normally does when the weight of the truck is on the suspension, so you get some lift. I don't know how long they would hold up, but they are cheap, and would be fairly easy to install or remove when needed. Here's an example: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mrg-1284?seid=srese1&gclid=CK7E0ZCuwLcCFUyk4AodTmIASw

Me too, would like to see a set of Quicklifts by themselves, WITHOUT spacers, on a 4th gen. I know the Electrician also runs them, but he has long since stacked them with spacers.

What I need is an adjustable shock for carrying my heavy dirt bike on the hitch, so I do NOT want a leveling kit (that would squat)

If the height gain is minimal, I might just install Quicklifts on the rear, and dial the shock to 9 when the bike is on there. But at the same time I don't want the rear end too high up in the air when unloaded.

Back