• Register Today It's free!

Ranger front clip on an Explorer

98Ranger

Reaction score
City, State
West Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Hi everyone. I am from RPS. Several guys over there have swaped an Explorer front clip onto their Ranger, and I asked if they knew of anyone swapping a Ranger (98-00) front clip onto an Explorer. Their answer was no. So, I thought I'd come over here and ask you guys. :bounce:

I personally would love to swap one on my Explorer. However I would want the same front clip as RangerX, I can't remember his year. I figure if I was to do that, I could move the front axle even more forward without having to loose the stock blinker look.

I have always thought that would look SWEET!

Sounds like something Perry's Fab & Fiber could help ya out with........ You might ask them, they deal with converting front clips. I asked him about this, and I tink I remember him saying with his kit, you could put the 98+ ranger frontend on the explorer. ......or on an earlier ranger or explorer.

Good Luck!

Al

I myself wouldn't want to go that direction. I don't want to spend that much money. I have seen enough Rangers at the junk yards that if I were to ever do this particular mod I would just get the parts from there. Plus fiber isn't all that great for off-roading. It rips and doesn't dent. I would much rather be able to pound out a dent then have to repair a rip...

Back