ranger vs explorer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ranger vs explorer

im my opinion, id rather jump and explorer over a ranger. why? am i an idiot? yes, but the explorer has much better weight distribution than a ranger. ive jumped both (1995 4.0 4x4 5speed ranger v.s 1991 4.0 automatic 4x4 explorer) and the explorer definitely landed it much nicer than the ranger did. actually, i landed on all 4 tires in my ex, and i landed on 2 tires and the front bumper (thought i was gonna die) in the ranger. oh yeah, it was the same jump, at the same speed for both vehicles. heres a link to a pic of an ex and a ranger hitting the same jump, and the resulting carnage Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by clarkkent
SOMEONE DRAW A PICTURE!! hehe I don't understand why the ranger and explorer couldnt be the same, and Rangers and explorers could just all get along.

Your Explorer has t-bars, while all 2wd Rangers have coils (unless it is an Edge or the old Trailhead). The coil set-up is preferable to the pre-runners basically because there are more/cheaper options available for upgrade.

i want coils... I feel as if i'm not a real prerunner unless i got coils... The rangers look at me funny with my prerunner fenders...:rolleyes: Maybe their jealous..

Originally posted by clarkkent
i want coils... I feel as if i'm not a real prerunner unless i got coils...

I cant even find the words with which to reply to this.......

Back