Rausch Creek: July 19-20 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek: July 19-20

would it be worth while to swap in the LS?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

would it be worth while to swap in the LS?

No way, not for the "Crap-lok" (unless you buy mine :D). You'd need to re-setup the gears. Either do a lunchbox locker (Powertrax) and don't setup the gears, or do it right and get a Torsen L/S or a selectable locker, like an ARB.

I was thinkin it might be better then the open diff. and I could deffinetly get it in before this run. settin up the gears isn't a problem so it would be FREE!!!:eek:

...settin up the gears isn't a problem so it would be FREE!!!:eek:

Where were you 3 months ago when I paid $300 to have mine set up?

Labor is still a PITA, spend $250 on a Powertrax.

I COULD HELP A LOT OF YOU GUYS, IF YOU WEREN'T 100 MILES AWAY!!!!!:rolleyes:

I think when I finally get my locker I'm going with a selectable one, or doing a lunchbox in the front diff so I only have to deal with slipping when 4wd is engaged.

I COULD HELP A LOT OF YOU GUYS, IF YOU WEREN'T 100 MILES AWAY!!!!!:rolleyes:

Hey now. I'm in the same boat as you buddy. I may be in Jersey, but I'm way up north in "Howdy Neighbor Jersey" There's a cow farm 2 mins from my house and a lama farm one town over.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

I know, You guys travel as far as I do to wheel!

any updates? I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Andy, hurry up you got two weeks! We could do a lot to that that thing in two weeks!;)

any updates? I'm really looking forward to this trip!

Andy, hurry up you got two weeks! We could do a lot to that that thing in two weeks!;)

Truck's in the shop, again. Rents due, insurance is due, my mom covered one of the repairs on my truck and I owe her for that. All that = no monkeys. Now I know what a college kid feels like.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

yeah i'm a college kid and i'm almost always broke.
but during the summer end up having some funds due to working full time.

on a bad note i may be bailing on this run
there is a bigger run that is closer to me in western mass that weekend
its called florida vacation, its done by eastern 4wheelers club
here is the link
http://www.eastern4wheelers.org/main/images/documents/fv2008

i have a few friends that want to go to this one cause they have access to a family friends cabin

Me and adam (aking) are running the weekend after that 26-27 with the rough rangers crew, and ill be up there this sunday the 6th. I doubt I can make it again but if I can ill let you know.

PS. Jake, get the body lift out and come join us either of the aforementioned dates.

bump:rolleyes:

So what's the official headcount? I think I'm like 80-90% in for this one.

Hope everyone had a good 4th, I just sat in traffic through all of CT on 95 trying to get home from Cape Cod, and can't wait for this run.

1) I'll make some camping reservations with RC for the night of the 19th, post up if your interested in camping.

2) I'll amend the first post with who's in/who's a maybe.

Out. Truck's not ready and it's a developed a vibration when you let off the gas above 60MPH.

I also noticed I already signed up for a car show that night. Sorry, Mustang takes priority.

-Andy
D.J.O.R. Netzhauptmann

Martin (Lefy) also said he was in...

I read we have to be members of RC to get into the park.. Should we go ahead and sign up for that?

Also, are we tent camping or just crashin in the rigs?

Josh, you can sign up the day you arrive. I forgot how expensive it was, though. It ran me like $70 for the two days. Ugh.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So you dont have to pre-register on-line? Yaeh its gonna be an expensive trip, especially with $4 gas and 9 mpg!:eek: How far is it for the rest of you?

Back