Rausch Creek May 3 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rausch Creek May 3

Jeez Rusty..!! You guys really heavy footed or something? I can't believe how much you all broke! Lake Christy looks pretty neat, I'll have to try and get over that way next month when we go back to RC for Carlisle.

Okay buttheads, I tried the Forum movie uploader thingie... hopefully this link will work..!

Jake's tippy moment

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jeez Rusty..!! You guys really heavy footed or something? I can't believe how much you all broke! Lake Christy looks pretty neat, I'll have to try and get over that way next month when we go back to RC for Carlisle.

"When in doubt.... Throttle out!":D
The lake was cool and the hill climbs out were really cool! overall a little more common sense would have helped in the case of the yota and in my case-(shoulda shut off my jeep!:confused:) but it was fun!

I think my favorite spots are the trails that run around the top side then down next to rock creek. I think its 15 then some of the other blue/black black that connect to it.. they are fun and it was especially interesting in my cherokee with only 31's! We came up on these other 2 cherokees and they were crawling around real slow and they had 35's.. i caught up to them and was right on their bumper and following every hard line they took.. with only 31's and a 4banger! soo much fun!

Hope to get back down again this summer! we will have to hook up then!
I got some more pics somewhere....
O BTW the comp course is pretty fun too!

Attachments

• DSC00409.JPG
    DSC00409.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00399.JPG
    DSC00399.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00430.JPG
    DSC00430.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00444.JPG
    DSC00444.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 231

couple more...

Attachments

• DSC00420.JPG
    DSC00420.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00455.JPG
    DSC00455.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 230
  • DSC00457.JPG
    DSC00457.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00449.JPG
    DSC00449.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 228

Oh, I thought it was your PS pump that was giving you problems.

Jake, I would of told you to stop on that line sooner, but as you can see I was busy running for my life. :D

Spas, lake christy is kind of a joke. Paragone had larger puddles in 101. And the water isnt blue like rubicon lake, its just a big muddy puddle.

With the hill climbs and everything its very reminiscent of 101 down by whompum and the abyss.

The quarry was pretty neat tho, some really hard lines for those who dare.

So it should be Christy 'Pond' then? Lol. I'm fine with puddles... I just like watching idjits run through mudholes :)

I would upload the one of Jake diving out of the way when you were pulling me up Tombstone, but the file is way too large. You can hear me screaming at you to stop when I thought you were going to pull me INTO a rock instead of over it, though. I hate when you go back and watch yourself on video later... and realize that you could have made it :rolleyes:

Sorry I can only upload these one at a time- customers keep rolling in just as I finish each one :p:

Here's Jay's running start at the hill: Rockers are for rocking

i uploaded a couple of vids, but i appear to have misplaced the links to them...

Saginaw Pump Info

Hey,

That pump info is on post #208 on my pirate thread..

Sorry I didn't get back on here sooner, monday it wouldn't let me on this site...server? and yesterday was a big landscaping project here at the house. Cut down 7 bushes, ripped out some stumps and blew some leaves...arg!

It's the same pump jake has... (correct name?) haha
Bolts right in...

I did A LOT of research on hydro steering... My eyes hurt from looking at the computer screen soooo much!

Things I'll need:
1. Saginaw pump (like jake, but find one with the higher GPM...different vehicles had different GPM's but same pump)
2. SCU/orbital (around 9.7 cu-in displacement for fast turning)
3. Adapter for SCU/orbital to attach to stock steering
4. single ended dual action ram-ola (something to match the SCU)
5. Hoses

So that's:
1. $65.00 (core also?)
2. Junkyard or $250-400
3. $65.00-75.00
4. $80.00-150.00
5. no clue what hoses would cost to get built...

Either way, more cost then I wanted to spend this month...

...AKing, your links are not working...The link to parts america goes to the "what's your zip code" page, and the links to the surplus center don't work at all...:scratch:

Adam, Jake, thanks for the links... I was reading the thread on RRORC and someone mentioned that Ford runs Saginaw boxes in their bigger vehicles, although the dimensions are the same was what comes in first gen rangers & Sploders. I'm wondering: if I used my discount to buy a box for an F350, wouldn't that work..? Would I have to upgrade my ps PUMP, too? eh. :dunno:

Oh, and Bigcheck: I was joking around on Tombstone about how I've known your truck longer than I've known everybody we were wheeling with (Skunk being the exception, but he had already gone home when I said it). I still remember when she was a little bitty thing, before Micah butchered her ;)

Links

...AKing, your links are not working...The link to parts america goes to the "what's your zip code" page, and the links to the surplus center don't work at all...:scratch:

All you should have to do is enter your zip code and it should take you right there... the website probably doesn't have it's cookie saved in your computer yet, I'm guessing that's why its asking for your zip code. IDK... haha

The surplus center links work when I do it... is everyone having that problem?

I wonder if the orbital off a forklift would work, the junkyard has quite a few forks laying around.

I'm pretty sure a Forklift orbital is what Brennan used for his hydro steer...

Spas,

I'm glad you still remember wheeling with me. I remember when your recently damaged truck actually got dirty with us.
The body has been mine/our family's since 92 (until now) and the motor I took from JDraper a few years back to rebuild it. Micah has been doing everything that I envisioned doing. Unfortunately a high stress job, wife and new this week...a baby on the way, have put a damper in the off roading/fun aspect of life.

I still make it a point to follow along as best I can.

All you should have to do is enter your zip code and it should take you right there... the website probably doesn't have it's cookie saved in your computer yet, I'm guessing that's why its asking for your zip code. IDK... haha

The surplus center links work when I do it... is everyone having that problem?

...They are working now...:thumbsup:...I was looking at the info for um, ...:shifty_ey... a friend...:D

Steering

Hey Micah,

I'll eventually make it over to your house! Haha...

If I can't reuse my weld-in bungs, I think I'll order these from Ballistic Fab

For another $1.00 they make one that fits 1.0" I.D. and 1.5" O.D.
That'll also allow me to tighten the jam nuts better...

I was gonna get the adapters that have wrench flats but then I was just gonna machine in flats on the tube myself. Then I realized I didnt want to risk weakening the tube so I just left them as is.

I got my heims from ballistic, they were good to deal with.

Jake on Tombstone

Micah on gauntlet:

jake pulls linds up tombstone

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome vids as always SuRrEaLNJ!!

Back