RCD shock and mount numbers. | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RCD shock and mount numbers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The problem with those drawings is there are no angle dimensions, so unless you were to keep printing at different scales until you found the sweet spot, then traced them onto metal and cut by hand, it'd be VERY difficult to transfer them onto a CAD system to be laser/plasma cut.

...I have an edge coming into the shop Monday, I bet I could make up some templates for you guys that want them, and maybe even offer them with coilovers at a good price.

ya got anything off that edge yet?? and i asked my uncle about this and maybe perhaps could the brackets be machined? dont bag me if that sounds like a dumb question.

ya got anything off that edge yet?? and i asked my uncle about this and maybe perhaps could the brackets be machined? dont bag me if that sounds like a dumb question.

sorry I never checked back in here, the guy's edge already had a dual shock setup on it, so the original shock mounts were already cut off.

So did this idea completely die?? Im interested in buying the 4 brackets and the 4 gussets for the tower.. I have a stock height sport... Anybody???

i maybe could send down 1 side, my 96 isn't going anywhere fast, he could fab the other side off the pattern,

I called RCD and talked to Matt, I gave him part numbers and he said the lift is discontinued but they still offer the replacement parts, and he said he had the part numbers that i gave him which were the mounts...... He probably didnt care much and was just trying to get rid of me...

I was looking at getting some 2.0" Fox Coilover, Emulsion, 6.5" Travel and 8" Long - King 2.5" ID Coilover Spring 750#

What sort of lift will that generate and will I need to get some for the rear end as well?
How long would my limiting straps need to be as well?

I have a 98 ford explorer 5.0 V8 AWD.

Back