• Register Today It's free!

Rear Axel shaft

Seabergreg

Reaction score
City, State
Tyler texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac
I have a 02 sport trac are the Axel shafts the same for drum or disc brake set ups mine is drum but must I see in the 01 to 05 are disc. Just need to replace the axels themselves.

I have a 02 sport trac are the Axel shafts the same for drum or disc brake set ups mine is drum but must I see in the 01 to 05 are disc. Just need to replace the axels themselves.

The axles are the same. I know this for a fact. For that matter the rear dif assemblies are the same too. I recently installed a diff assembly out of a 4-door Explorer in my '01 ST and just swapped the brake related parts, as I retained the drum brakes. I believe the '01-'02 ST's were all rear drum brakes.

Thanks

Found a 02 explorer sport and it has disc checked with Ford dealer both disc and drum brakes have same axels thanks

Found a 02 explorer sport and it has disc checked with Ford dealer both disc and drum brakes have same axels thanks

Isn't that what I said? All 4-doors had rear disc brakes. A good way to check compatibility is to compare part numbers on the RockAuto catalog. FYI, I wouldn't trust anything my Ford dealer told me regarding a 14 year old vehicle.

Back