rear brake/turn signal problem-can you help? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear brake/turn signal problem-can you help?

j-rad

Reaction score
City, State
Salt Lake
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
My left rear turn signal and brake lamp (on same bulb) light do not work. Fuse is fine, bulb is fine--I replaced both anyway. Front blinker works, just blinks fast. Right side works fine. Backup lights work fine. Any suggestions on what's the problem/solution is would be appreciated.

It's a 2001 sport.

have you shined a light into the socket to see if it's ok?

I had a problem on another car where I got moisture in the socket, it go hot, and the contacts just fell apart.

My left rear turn signal and brake lamp (on same bulb) light do not work. Fuse is fine, bulb is fine--I replaced both anyway. Front blinker works, just blinks fast. Right side works fine. Backup lights work fine. Any suggestions on what's the problem/solution is would be appreciated.

It's a 2001 sport.

Most likely solution if the bulb is good:

Go to your dealer and order a new bulb socket. Its a few bucks.

I found the problem

I found the problem-----The wire that goes into the harness up in the steering column had come loose. Apparently when I fixed the bare O/D wire that had worn thru a couple of weeks ago, I knocked another wire loose. A couple of other wires were loose in the connector as well. Just an FYI.

Back