• Register Today It's free!

Rear camera

JoeChile

Reaction score
City, State
Daly City, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
Hi, my rear camera on my 2013 Explorer doesn’t show guide lines and shows the objects or screen left to right. Can anyone help please.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Joe.:wave:
There are several existing threads on camera issues. I'm guessing this is a recent issue? So no guidelines at all and the image is reversed, is that correct? For the guidelines have you confirmed in your settings that they are turned ON? You haven't added the trim that you have, yet, so is your Explorer equipped with Active Park Assist? Is this the original camera?

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Joe.:wave:
There are several existing threads on camera issues. I'm guessing this is a recent issue? So no guidelines at all and the image is reversed, is that correct? For the guidelines have you confirmed in your settings that they are turned ON? You haven't added the trim that you have, yet, so is your Explorer equipped with Active Park Assist? Is this the original camera?

Peter
Hi Peter, ya it’s a recent issue just started to happen the other day. The setting is turned on. Sorry, what trim do you prefer. Do not have active park assist Actually I am viewing things left to right. Thanks for your help

Hi Peter, ya it’s a recent issue just started to happen the other day. The setting is turned on. Sorry, what trim do you prefer. Do not have active park assist Actually I am viewing things left to right. Thanks for your help
It could be that the camera is beginning to fail. Many of the ones on the earlier gen 5 Explorers have been replaced but they usually get a message to see the dealer. The trim level is either Base, XLT, Limited etc. I sent you a PM on that.

Peter

It could be that the camera is beginning to fail. Many of the ones on the earlier gen 5 Explorers have been replaced but they usually get a message to see the dealer. The trim level is either Base, XLT, Limited etc. I sent you a PM on that.
My Explorer is a 3.5 limited. Can you recommend where I can purchase a camera.

Thank you. Just add "Limited" to your profile where it says '2013 Ford Explorer' as mentioned in my PM this morning. That way it will show up in the margin when you post.
I believe this is what you need assuming the current one is actually bad. I don't know of any wy to test them.
I believe you may find them on sites like eBay and Amazon. I would look at Levittown Ford as they are a forum vendor and offer members a discount. Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Peter

Thank you. Just add "Limited" to your profile where it says '2013 Ford Explorer' as mentioned in my PM this morning. That way it will show up in the margin when you post.
I believe this is what you need assuming the current one is actually bad. I don't know of any wy to test them.
I believe you may find them on sites like eBay and Amazon. I would look at Levittown Ford as they are a forum vendor and offer members a discount. Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Peter
Thanks Peter

Back