Rear Climate Control Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Climate Control Question

IlliniInDG

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Explorer XLT 2015
Great to join the forum! I currently drive a 2015 Explorer XLT, and am looking at possibly upgrading during the summer promotion going on.

I have two kids riding in the 2nd row every day, and the one feature I wish my 2015 had was rear climate control set by temperature, not by the current setup where you set the fan speed and hot/cold separately. My kids are young, and won't be able to reach the controls in the rear console for a while. Any idea if this feature is available in newer models? Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Do you have the Manual Climate control without the Sony Audio System? If so there seems to be a description for controlling the rear temperature in the Owner's Manual.
Rear temperature control: Controls the temperature of the airflow
in the rear of your vehicle. Press TEMP + and TEMP - to select the
desired temperature.

I believe this is from the front panel. I don't believe there is an automatic temperature control in the console control for the just the rear. I have a 2017 Platinum but I'm the only occupant so I've never really used the console controls.

Peter

Peter - Not sure i'm using the right terms, but in my 2015 XLT I don't have the Sony sound but do have automatic climate control for the front (setting a separate temperature for both driver and passenger). Don't have the option to set a temperature for the rear in my 2015, and it didn't look like I could on either the 2018 XLT or Limited (With Sony Sound) that I test drove today.

What you are referring to in regards to driver and passenger setting is Dual Climate Control. With the Sony system all the settings are done via the Climate section of the screen. I am sure it allows for setting the rear temperature as well as controlling whether the rear climate controls on the console are ON or OFF. There are no controls on the Sony panel itself.

Peter

Great to join the forum! I currently drive a 2015 Explorer XLT, and am looking at possibly upgrading during the summer promotion going on.

I have two kids riding in the 2nd row every day, and the one feature I wish my 2015 had was rear climate control set by temperature, not by the current setup where you set the fan speed and hot/cold separately. My kids are young, and won't be able to reach the controls in the rear console for a while. Any idea if this feature is available in newer models? Thanks in advance!
Haa, I don't feel alone anymore!
My kids are 9month and 3years. I cannot ask them if they are cold or hot, nor let them adjust!!!
Wish there would be a better temperature setting too.
When moving colder or warmer, is it in relation of front temperature?
Here is the control: http://static.cdemo.com/65373682/10...-1450925-right-side-rear-seat-photo-Image.jpg
It is also controllable from the front console screen, with same, limited, option. I wish a temperature sensor tell me what is current.
I don't want to freeze them but since I have back AC, rather use it!

Back