Rear disc brake install | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear disc brake install

I'll will have to look this place over good. I have work on cars and truck since I was 16 and I am 57 now and not about all these new auto after going threw cancer and all that I still do pretty good. I limp around all day most of the day yesterday just trying to get the brakes on before the cold weather set in. I sure do like this place I get pretty quick answer here.

Frank

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very good Frank, it's good to hear of more people who survive and keep going. Take care,

This question refers to swaping 9in. small bearing drum brakes for '91 - '95 Explorer disc. brakes. I can pretty much get all items together, except the rotor to axle centering spacer. I can't find one anywhere and machining one is rough, and expensive.
Once I get all the rotors, I'll have exact measurments of this spacer. Generally it is expected to be :

Inside Dia. 2.38 in.

Outside Dia. 2.50 in.

These are appox. measurments for now. If anyone out there has info on doing this swap and how to get these parts, I'm all ears!!!
I'm looking forward to your help, PLEASE.

Thanks and God Bless;
Bob valaw@cox.net

Back