Wanted - rear doors | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanted rear doors

Parts or services wanted

robbieo11

Reaction score
City, State
buffalo area ny
I know this is off topic but i am looking for for ranger Quad cab doors the rears mainly to be shipped to the US witn the door posts if any body from the uk can assist me please drop me a line
thks
rob
rostrander73@yahoo.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no they are specific to the for ranger quad cab 4 door they where made i beleive from 2000 and up 4x4" breakers" have them in the scrap yards i beleive
thanks for the reply
rob

the uk ford ranger quad cab is not the same as the US ford ranger quad cab, the doors won't fit

Si

your best bet is to cut the explorer donor just behind the c pillars and rear wheel arches. nothing else is going to fit. do some metal fabbing to make it look factory and away you go. but as far as I can see, that's the only way you're really gonna do it.

Si

have u seen a ranger from the uk?? do u know what i am talking about???
here
turbo.jpg

yes, I live in England, they're everywhere, based on a MAZDA BT50 or something, not like the US ranger in the slightest, no interchangable parts or anything. whilst they look alike, they aren't at all, being smaller and narrower.

I know that is how you want yours to look, but the rear doors off that won't fit on the one you have. if you use the explorer chassis as the main part and then weld the back of the extended cab on, you should pretty much get the look you need.

hope that helps you some?

Si

they are based on a bt 50??
the ones i seen in mexico they where true rangers i did not know uk rangers where based on a differnt truck thanks for the info

i guess i am building doors have to look at rear ex glass to make sure it has the same curve then

yeah, they're a mazda with a blue oval on the front... :(

I reckon, if you used the explorer rear doors, but took the arch out and extended down a bit, you'd get away with a factory look.... also take the arch out of the explorer chassis at the back and you'll probably get exactly what you want.

might take a lot of fabrication work, but the end result would look sweet, kinda like a mega cab?

Si

Back