2003 Ranger ext cab, rear door won't open | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Ranger ext cab, rear door won't open

MetalMan390

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
i have an 03 ranger edge extended cab that i am working on, and the passenger side rear door won't open. i am going to pull off the interior door trim to see if i can find out what's going on, but i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what the problem/fix was. thanks for any help

Check behind the rear door opening handle to see if the little round ball on the end over the accuating cable has slipped out of the handle mechanisum.
Had this exact same thing happen to my 00' 4dr. Had to apply a dab of silicone caulk to the connection to keep it from poppin out. Also, you need to give the cable a spray of silicone lube to make sure it moves freely in the cable chase.

Check behind the rear door opening handle to see if the little round ball on the end over the accuating cable has slipped out of the handle mechanisum.
Had this exact same thing happen to my 00' 4dr. Had to apply a dab of silicone caulk to the connection to keep it from poppin out. Also, you need to give the cable a spray of silicone lube to make sure it moves freely in the cable chase.

thanks, i did check at the handle and the cables are intact as they should be. i suppose it's not releasing at either the top or bottom latches (or both), but i can't tell.

Back