• Register Today It's free!

Rear glass latch bolts broken

jstorm001

Reaction score
City, State
Levittown , PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Today I notice after putting groceries in the rear glass wasn't closing properly when I got home I took a closer look both bolts were rusted away that hold down the striker to the glass. Does anyone else had this problem ? and what size are these bolt's? my rear applique is already broken i'll just pull it off I bought a new one few years ago this will give me a reason to put it on now..... any help will be helpful thanks!!

My 2003 had a rear glass hinge factory recall. It wasn't shutting right and the little holes in the glass that the hinge attaches too were leaking. I took it to the dealer and it was all fixed for free.

You might just want to see if that is the case with yours. Also your pictures didnt work!

I had that recall done back in 2007 they replaced the hinges and the window struts brackets on the glass. Don't think the recall was for the striker.

No problem . i contact varsityfordparts.com by email there trying to help me out looks like its a rectangle medal plate with the bolts mounted on it. I guess if they can't help me i'll just have to buy bolts & washers from home depot i just dont know if thats going to stress the glass.

Back