• Register Today It's free!

rear locker

bender

Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'08 Limited
i have a 96 4x4 ohv v6, i am interested in a rear push button locker, what are my options other than the eaton elocker? any suggestions? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well for a selactable locker in the 8.8 axle I believe you have:

ARB
Eaton
Warn E locker thingy
Possbily OX locker

Personally I think the ARB is the tried and true winner.
There was a very long thread about this on Pirate recently, interesting points, in the end the ARB wins out.

When I was shopping several months ago, Eaton and ARB were the only ones. Ive never owned an ARB but have talked to people that have and they all said that the ARB requires a lot (relative to no maintenance on all mechanical units) of maintenance--seals, hoses, compressor, etc. Also, the Eaton is almost $400 cheaper and is a standard install compared to the ARB which requires extra steps and experience. Ive only had my Eaton for a month now (self installed) and cant report on reliability but I can say that its a simple unit.:)

how do you like the eaton, have you tested it out yet? also i saw a price around $550 is that about right? thanks

Yes, 4W Wholesalers is the cheapest ($550) plus the install kit ($80). I took it out to the sand and kicked it around a little. The big test is this Saturday with the Boggers. A group of us will be Wheel-n Inverness areas comprised of washouts, hills, sand, boggs. I cant wait!:D

rock, if the ARB is $630, and the Elocker about $400 less, you paid about $230?

I think he means the Eaton was $630, which would make the ARB $1030?!?!:eek:

ARBs run $650-$700 + a compressor (if you don't already have oba)

Oh yeah, I guess I didn't read too carefully! :eek: Damn, I was ready to order one for $230. :D

From what Ive seen for the 8.8, the ARBs list for $750 and the compressor for another $130+. That's close to $900 w/o S/H. So, I was off by $100 ($880-$580= $300

Back