• Register Today It's free!

Rear seat conversion?

crashwave

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson NJ/Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Is it possible in anyway to rip out my seats in my '99 Explorer Sport, and install regular rear seat XLT seats from the same year?

Is it just a matter of new tracks or something? Or is it "just not possible" (although I really deem everything possible with cars nowadays)?

Thanks I'd really appreciate any and all feedback.

First off... whats the difference? second, anythins possible... people have changed their rear bench seats to front seats with a console in the rear...
Pete

Well I have a cloth interior right now which sucks ass. I mean it's in perfect condition but I'm all for leather. And anyway I can finally pick up a whole set of leather seats, both front and rear. And since the setup for the rear seats is slightly different in the Sport than what it is for the XLT, I'm wondering if it's possible to have a conversion of sorts here.

I'm sure it is, I just need some guidance =)

Actually, I believe the seats are different sizes. Correct me if Im wrong, but the Sport seats fit between the wheel weels, and the 4 door back seats are forward of them. This would cause a problem with width of the seats... right?
--bryan

Back