Rear seat headrest guide for 2013/4 police interceptor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear seat headrest guide for 2013/4 police interceptor

Taxer

Reaction score
City, State
Hamilton
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 pi
Has anyone opened the top of the rear seats to see if the frame will accommodate headrest guides? In the police interceptor models. Ebay has them listed detailing them for Ford explorer police interceptor models. .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have only seen one piu rear upper seat frame and it did not have provisions for the guides. Can't say for sure if they could be modified or not as I didn't dog onto it. Was told seat frame I saw was from a PIU, but can't say for sure since ford parts says retail and PIU seat frame are actually the same. I have not pulled either of mine to inspect/confirm yet.

If you have the vehicle, just pull the seat cover and look at yours to confirm. No need to rely on eBay or someone else, whose info you would still have to verify anyway.

Welcome to the Forum Taxer.:wave:

Peter

Thanks for the invite. Have blue blood in me.. We have a 2013 and 2014 Explorer police interceptors.

FORD OEM Rear Seat-Headrest Guide CU5Z96610A16BB | eBay

This is the link showing the seats and inside frames have the capability to accept the guides, there are diagrams that can be clicked on... but of course this EBAY, so if anyone has removed or dug into the rear seats to see the frame, please let me know, will save me a lot of aggravation.. thx

Well I pulled the seat cover, easier than I thought and found this on the 40% rear seat 4" center headrest and of course no guides. Anyone know what units have 4" center rear headrests?? thx
GetAttachmentThumbnail
GetAttachmentThumbnail

Links don't work.
You can try a 3rd party hosting site like Photobucket or Imgur or take out a $20 Elite Explorer membership and you can post/upload directly from your device.

Peter

Back