• Register Today It's free!

Rear Sits too low for my taste

transamman6585

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer Explorer
Hi. I have a 2000 eddie bauer explorer 5.0 awd, and the rear of the vehicle sits a little lower than the front and i dont like it. It has the air suspension system in the back and it still works great as far as i know, but whats the best way to lift the back end up a couple of inches to even it out or maybe even let it sit a little higher than the front? Any ideas would be great, thanks yall, i really appreciate it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you should re adjust the height limit switches on the air ride.

then maybe some warrior shackles to loosen up the leafs a little

Thanks man, ill look into adjusting those switches. What size shackles should I go with?

Search summitracing.com for the add a leaf kit. Search add a leaf install on here (abbreviated by some as AAL).

They're fairly inexpensive. The labor isn't too bad either, just fighting rusty bolts mostly.

Use AAL, pass on the shackles.

I have air ride on my explorer and by adding the shackles it frees up the stock spring some so it will allow the air suspension to lift better.

add a leaf doesn't help let the air ride suspension work like it should.

by adjusting the height limit switches on the air ride you should be able to get a little more lift out of the air ride.

giving the springs a little more room to move should get you that much more.

Back