• Register Today It's free!

Led bar in grille

shooterdude199

Reaction score
City, State
Irmo, South Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport Trac
Hey guys, this is a long shot but figured id ask, has anyone mounted lights in their grille? ive seen the lights in some second gen ex's but not on a sport trac. I'm looking at a rigid 10" double row to put in there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No but I put a Cree 18w on my bull bar and waiting for the other one to come in here is a few pics. First is from front with all on. Second is me covering up the cree led and a 50 watt driving light on and the last is covering up the driving light and the cree led only.

Attachments

• IMG_0145[1].jpg
    IMG_0145[1].jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0146[1].jpg
    IMG_0146[1].jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_0147[1].jpg
    IMG_0147[1].jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 370

i feel like there is enough room behind the grill to mount the bar. i just wanna be sure and that i don't want to leave something so pricey out in the open for someone to snatch it off of my truck.

i feel like there is enough room behind the grill to mount the bar. i just wanna be sure and that i don't want to leave something so pricey out in the open for someone to snatch it off of my truck.

+1

I havent put any nice lights on my truck yet because stuff gets stolen all the time here on campus. I hope you find something that works man cuz I really wanna put lights on mine too but have no idea where.

:salute:

there's definitely room back there but you'll have to fab up a crossbar of some sort to mount them to. Or do an SAS with leaves and mount them to to crossmember! lol

i might need that crossmember to be a lil further back cause it would be linked! lol
anyway, when i get the spindles on, with the leftover money i may just get a rigid bar and mount it in the grille. there has to be room. and wolfe, interesting find, its giving me some ideas.....

I believe you can also get those types of security nuts from Rigid FWIW.

There are a few different types of security nuts on ebay.

Back