Rear tie rod/toe link question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear tie rod/toe link question

Wow... Thanks TechGuru! I'd read where you recommended some Dorman 523-007s to someone else, but told them they'd have to cut something or other off. So I ought to be able to install these on the rear of my 2005 Explorer w/no mods? Did I understand correctly? The local Ford Dealership said they came up as obsolete. But regardless, thanks a ton!

Wow... Thanks TechGuru! I'd read where you recommended some Dorman 523-007s to someone else, but told them they'd have to cut something or other off. So I ought to be able to install these on the rear of my 2005 Explorer w/no mods? Did I understand correctly? The local Ford Dealership said they came up as obsolete. But regardless, thanks a ton!
Dorman was all there was to choose from back in 2016. RockAuto has a lot more options now.

It's the exact same one I ordered for mine and it installed fine without any mods.

It's the exact same one I ordered for mine and it installed fine without any mods.
I wish you knew how much of a help you've been, what w/my bickering w/the folks @ Napa & Advance Auto Parts. And then at The Ford lot, they kept asking me the name of the damned part, & it has a million names! Hehe. (I can chuckle a little since you helped!) So I'd stick with the OEM part # which I now know by heart, BTW! Whenever I get paid tomorrow, I'm ordering two, & hub & bearings assemblies all the way 'round too. I gotta get this sucker in daily driver mode. But yeah... Sincerely, ty for letting me know I'm not frickin crazy! I literally had Ford say, as I was reading the *from 03-04-02* OEM part #, "Yeah, could you just tell me the name of the part & your VIN?" Talk about frustration! I'm no mechanic, but I'm not 'vehicle illiterate' by any stretch either. God bless, my brother-in-3rd-Gen-Explorers!👍

Back