Alec

Elite Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 JK
http://www.macneilauto.com/ has a special on rear air deflectors right now: $30 and free shipping. They have a picture of the application, but I am still a little skeptical on how they look. So, do y'all think they look good on Explorers? Do they actually keep rain and dirt off the window? Do they help at all with sun reflection? $30 is a good deal, and I don't want to pass it up if I decide to get a deflector.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DAMN

Those are EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!!!!

I just ordered one, and I also ordered the floor mats I need, my OEM mats are getting beat up and those are Expensive.

[Edited by kilroy on 08-22-2000 at 12:16 PM]

I didn't really care for the weathertech. It looks like a 4runner style and involves drilling. Try and find one from EGR. Many performance parts places carry them and they just snap on. I like mine.

Tekeman,

You're right, drilling is no good. Where did you get your EGR? It seems I can only find Weathertech and GTS. Do you have a picture of it on your truck? Thanks.

Hey guys, Lund also makes a rear deflector, no drilling required..I've had it on for about 1 1/2 years now, and no problems. I have a pic of it on my 98, having trouble setting up a link to it, if u want to see it, let me know, and I can email it to you.

Oh, Forgot about Lund. They actually make a few different styles, don't they? RytM1, send a pic to alec_rosenbaum@hotmail.com if you don't mind.

Thanks.

I have the lund as well... drilling is an option and I already had like four holes drilled in my roof and several dings in teh tailgate so said "what the hell if it'll keep it more secure..." so now its drilled in there, seems ok though, looks good... I was thinking about selling it though, since I put the conferr roof rack on, I can't open the tailgate all the way, the roof rack and teh lund windjammer interfere with each other.

I have a Similar rear window air deflector from Explorer Express, I have to say I am Very Happy with it. I did however have to drill 6 holes in my Hatch. since I put it on my truck early summer, after applying some Rain-X, I have not had to use my rear Wiper at all, even through all the heavy Rain we had up here in Massachusetts. Explorer Express has it for $82.95 "Turboshield" (part # TH30505). the one that I have from Explorer Express looks VERY Similar to the one http://www.macneilauto.com/ is showing. in Regards to "Do they help at all with sun reflection?" the Answer is NO. If I were You, I Would go for it.

Alec, Check out performanceproducts and stylinconcepts (www.) both have EGR Dustguard for about $65. I got mine locally for $75 installed and guaranteed. The pics. don't do the part justice, it looks way better on my truck. I was told it was the most effective/functional deflector by an installer who has tried any one you ever heard of . He actually talked me out of the Windjammer as the EGR fit the style of my other lo profile acrylic. As soon as I crack the code to my wallet and go buy a scanner I'll post some pics.

Alec,
I purchased mine for my 98 from the Ford accessories department. Drilling was required but I the style of it flows well with the body style. I don't have any pics of it and I am not sure of the price (Its been two years since I purchased it). I think it is worth looking at, it looks real well on the truck, a lot better then most I have seen. As far as the functionability of it, my back window stays a lot cleaner but I don't think it is designed to keep the sun out so it does not perform at that.

Alan
98 Xplorer

COOL

I just got my rear deflector from MacNeil! I ordered the deflector and a set of front floor mats on the 22nd and I got them today the 25th. I was a little puzzled at first because the floor mats came Fed-Ex, and I was wondering where the deflector was, and 5 minutes after I got the floor mats, UPS showed up with the rear deflector.

The mats are heavy soft rubber and should protect my carpet well. The deflector is made of heavy black plastic and has nice hardware. I'll update this after I install it, and post some pics.

Back