• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper Blade - Poor Contact

BrianV

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Mounty 5.0L
So I replaced my rear wiper motor last weekend and now it works. However, I noticed that the center portion of the wiper blade isn't making strong enough contact to really clean/dry the rear window. I took the blade off and noticed it was arched inwards in the center. I then replaced the blade with one that was new and was arched towards the center. I figured this would do the trick but it does not.

If I leave the wiper on, run to the back of the car, and give it very minimal pushing force with my hand (like 1 pound of force) the wiper works perfectly.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a fix for this?

There are already a few threads if you do a search.

Some people have suggested grinding down the section where the wiper blade section attaches to the lower arm.

DeathsArrow said:
There are already a few threads if you do a search.

Some people have suggested grinding down the section where the wiper blade section attaches to the lower arm.

Agreed. This is one of the most asked queries on the site. I did the grinding mod on my rear arm and it made a world of difference. There was a sizeable thread on this a month or so ago with photos.

Thanks guys, I usually search but figured this was isolated and I had just done a lot of searches on the wiper motor and never stumbled across it.

Thanks again and sorry for the repost.

Back