• Register Today It's free!

REAR WIPER

SOUTHERNSNAKE

Reaction score
City, State
Mohnton pa , right next to maple grove raceway
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer sport
REAR WIPER ON 98 SPORT DIED . ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR TROUBLE SHOOTING , IE AT SWITCH AND IN REAR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's one for an '01. Should be the same.

Attachments

• wiper motor.jpg
    wiper motor.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 345

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

BTW, welcome to the board for another Pennsylvanian! If you need a sharper pix, let me know and I'll e-mail you a higher resolution pix.

P.S. don't type in all caps. That's considered yelling.

my bad on the caps ... i emailed it to my self at work , ill see what it looks like when i try to print it . if needed , ill pm you .
thanks again

Originally posted by JDraper
BTW, welcome to the board for another Pennsylvanian! If you need a sharper pix, let me know and I'll e-mail you a higher resolution pix.

P.S. don't type in all caps. That's considered yelling.

yes , can you email that scematic to me higher rez ,

emt680@prodigy.net

thanks again

It's on the way :). The picture quality on the CD isn't that great to start with. Hope it's good enough to use.

anything is better than nothing ....

i transfer the extended warrenty to my name this week , i dont know what the one from ford covers , but if it is a motor , im hoping its covered .

frustrating tho, 6 years old , and if they would just go by milage alone , it still be under the 30k limit :mad:

Rear Wiper Rubber Mounting Bushings

I own two Ford Explorers......one is a 91 Eddie Bauer and the other is a 95 Limited. I noticed a loud noise in the rear of the truck when I used the rear window wiper. Upon inspection I found that by lifting the rear blade that the motor seemed to be loose inside the rear door. I took the plastic molding off and found the rear motor is on a metal bracket that is attached to the rear door by blind rubber bushings. The larger bottom one was broken and the top two were not in any better condition at all. A trip to the Ford dealer for new ones was a futile effort. The dealer said the bushings were not a separate item and I would have to buy the whole motor/bracket setup for way over a $100. I knew I had seen these same bushings somewhere and finally found them. They are at marine dealers and usually go under the name of "handi-man"......and usually sell in a package of three for $2.50 or so. The maker of the nut is "Well-Nut".......and I am sure you can find them other places also..... I know that they are used in other areas of cars and trucks also.....like to mount racks on rear deck lids and such....roof racks???????? If you need more info on this feel free to contact me........
http://www.emhart.com/products/pop/wellnut.htm

ill keep that in mind but i need a wiper motor .
i dont think its the switch as i push the washer , and the washer runs , and when i turn the switch on , both the up and down relays under the hood function as they both click . so im taking a S.W.A.G here and going to say its the wiper motor.

but thanks for that info . it may be assistance to someone else

Just an update.....I found the Well-Nuts in inch size that work perfectly at Lowe's this weekend. If anyone needs more info on this just email or message me. As for a motor.....I would check the the wrecking yards. Someone may make and OEM for it also........

Back