Rear wiper issues

mvanbogart

Reaction score
City, State
North Bend, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLS
Hi -

The rear wiper on my '00 just stopped working. When I turn the switch I can hear the relay clicking in the relay/fuse block under the hood. Also, I did try to lift up on the wiper arm with the switch "on."

Anyone know which relay works the rear wiper? How about the fuse? I don't have an owner manual.

The rear fluid motor seems to be working...

Thanks,

Matt
:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure which fuse it is. I think you can get an owners manual @ the ford owner connection site.

The arm is sitting properly in the little stand? Try slamming shut the glass window. Also, try jiggling the wiper again where it enters the rear door if it doesn't work after trying the window.

Dude

Slamming the window worked!

mvanbogart said:
Dude

Same thing happened on my 2k. It was working / not for a while until it finally died. You may have to save for a new motor. Not too much money - I think it was like $100 - 150 for a brand new one installed at the dealer.

mvanbogart said:
Dude

Glad to hear it. Sometimes the sensor in the latch is finicky. If it
thinks the window is open, the wiper won't work.

yeah, my rear wiper stopped working after a while. had to get the motor replaced. i forgot how much it cost but glad to see you've found a temporary solution.

My rear wiper stopped working on my '00 Sport. Got it fixed under warranty. It works now but sticks often. There is nothing worse than having to stop the truck when it's pouring rain, and having to go outside and "push start" my wiper. The rears on many years of Explorer are notoriously BAD.

:) Thanks for the sugestion! I spent way too much time trying to find the circuit breaker to see if it was blown when all I had to do was slam the window. Now the wiper works again. :)

Back