Recalls

9COOP5

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Exp XLS
2014 Exp XLT
I found out I have two recalls on my truck for the speed control system modification and the liftgate glass hinge and ball stud bracket..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, so take it it Ford and have it fixed.

Yes I will take it to Ford and have an appt on Tuesday. The speed control mod recall said it could cause a fire even if the vehicle was not running. The liftgate recall said the glass could possibly fall out. Just surprised the previous owner did not take the truck in for repairs? They are from 2009 and 2004.

Yes I will take it to Ford and have an appt on Tuesday. The speed control mod recall said it could cause a fire even if the vehicle was not running. The liftgate recall said the glass could possibly fall out. Just surprised the previous owner did not take the truck in for repairs? They are from 2009 and 2004.

Took me close to 10 years to take my 2000 Sport in for the speed control recall. Just lazy I guess. Never caught on fire though!

Here is your proof that it will catch on fire.
Post #4
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262765
"...Ford cannot be confident that after many years in service, the speed deactivation switch installed in your vehicle will not leak, posing risk of an underhood fire. Until this repair is performed, a fire could occur at any time. A fire can occur even if the key is not in the ignition, and can occur even if the speed control system is never used. Until your vehicle is repaired, please park your vehicle away from structures to prevent a potential underhood fire from spreading."

Back