• Register Today It's free!

ReDLiNeZL's 89 Bronco II Project

ReDLiNeZL

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT 4DR
i bought my 1st bII, and i have had old 4x4 rangers and new ones etc but can i use any 80's-97 ranger lift for this bronc?

i plan to order the lift this week and stuff 36" tsls under it, its going to be used as a mud bog truck and some off roading at local parks.

im going to put my 8.8 31 spline rear undr it out of my old explorer, and d@mn wish i would of held on to the front explorer rear :thumbdwn:

any info...? :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

u got pics of ur bronco at all

Yes 84-96 Ranger lifts will work on your new BII

You should also swap in a Dana 35 TTB instead of the D28 TTB (front axle) that your BII has, its a bolt in swap with only driveshaft mods being needed.

Welcome! Pictures would be cool.

Like 410 said, the '83-'97 Ranger TTB lifts will work in your Bronco II. I also recommend swapping in the Dana 35 TTB in place of the Bronco II's stock Dana 28; epically if you are going to run 36" tires.

well i have decided since i already have a dana44 that i used for my explorer s.a.s.... im going to use that. i have everything except for steering components. but my ? is how can i use the early bronco coils and use the factory explorer buckets??? what must i modify? i already have 5.5" superflex coils from broncograveyard.....

going to start it all this saturday.

and if anyone is interested im going to be getting rid of the broncoII front end.

Gen I explorer sas = same coil buckets, steering box, as your new BII

Should be EASY to remove the SAS from 94 Explorer and direct install on your BII

Gen I explorer sas = same coil buckets, steering box, as your new BII

Should be EASY to remove the SAS from 94 Explorer and direct install on your BII

hahaha explorer is cut up and long gone, the d44 is in the shed. i used some old school bronco buckets and hated the look and they were shot. i want to use stock buckets and the bigger early bronco coils but they are bigger in diameter. how do i adapt them to stock buckets? cut few tabs out, just rebend them and install big j hook tab around spring and to the bucket....

You will have to bend or cut the tabs off the Bronco II coil buckets (the ones that stick down inside the coils) and then install something to hold the upper part of the coils into the bucket. A set of '99 F-250 2wd coil spring "J" clips from Ford work great and only cost about $20.

Here is a picture of my '99 F-250 2wd "J" clips on my Bronco II:
IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Back