Redneck bodylift | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redneck bodylift

as a Canadian hockey player i know, hockey pucks do break, when cold they can split , and chip, thus falling apart,

That's exactly what I was saying. A lot of people see pucks as being super strong, but I've seen them break in half when just dropped on the ice and it's -35. Like I said I've used hockey puck lift blocks in the past (16ish years old, and knowing everything) but they were indeed one of the dumbest things I've ever put on a car.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better yet...

Hockey Puck steering linkage

4-27-07003.jpg

:roll::roll::roll:

Hockey Puck steering linkage

4-27-07003.jpg

wait... is that a ghetto-f'ing-fab steering extension?

ok so I've actually drank about a half a 5th of 100 proof Capt. Morgan's. So I'm doing my best to hold back the true profanities :p

although I can't say a whole lot... I did have to do some drilling to the steering extension when I did my body lift :wtf:

WTF!!!!???? HOCKEY PUCKS ARE FOR HOCKEY! If they were for body lifts, they would be called body lift pucks. If they were for steering extensions, they would be called steering extension pucks. People just keep amazing me, that they use these less than stellar materials for vital parts of their cars. What is funnier is that I bet if you read these "how to's" they will tell you to use grade 8 bolts. I mean why bother? In for a penny, in for a pound...just replace those bolts with dollar store zip ties and call it a day. Then you can drive around in your ridiculously redneck modded vehicle with a fifth of JD, a Pabst chaser, shooting mailboxes, and telling your passenger how convenient it is to date one your own nieces.

Oh yea, don't forget to put those "BACK OFF" mud flaps on your rig, or people won't know your a redneck that has to Bubba everything.

EDIT: I just noticed that the steering extension puck says "official" on it, OFFICIALLY RETARDED!!! If you are using hockey pucks, check out the site below and get yourself some cross drilled brake lines, blinker fluid, and porcupine seat covers.
http://kalecoauto.com/

Lmfao

WTF!!!!???? HOCKEY PUCKS ARE FOR HOCKEY!!

If you are using hockey pucks, check out the site below and get yourself some cross drilled brake lines, blinker fluid, and porcupine seat covers.

THX for the post up of the link........... kid running around here with his rednecked BLAZER, he been looking for a pair of those cross-drilled brake lines for a minute now. Sure he'll pick up some blinker fluid as well, to have as some spare.

WTF!!!!???? HOCKEY PUCKS ARE FOR HOCKEY! If they were for body lifts, they would be called body lift pucks. If they were for steering extensions, they would be called steering extension pucks. People just keep amazing me, that they use these less than stellar materials for vital parts of their cars. What is funnier is that I bet if you read these "how to's" they will tell you to use grade 8 bolts. I mean why bother? In for a penny, in for a pound...just replace those bolts with dollar store zip ties and call it a day. Then you can drive around in your ridiculously redneck modded vehicle with a fifth of JD, a Pabst chaser, shooting mailboxes, and telling your passenger how convenient it is to date one your own nieces.

Oh yea, don't forget to put those "BACK OFF" mud flaps on your rig, or people won't know your a redneck that has to Bubba everything.

EDIT: I just noticed that the steering extension puck says "official" on it, OFFICIALLY RETARDED!!! If you are using hockey pucks, check out the site below and get yourself some cross drilled brake lines, blinker fluid, and porcupine seat covers.

OMG! I'm in tears!:bsnicker:

Lmao!

kid running around here with his rednecked BLAZER, he been looking for a pair of those cross-drilled brake lines

If it's a Blazer, it really needs and engine oil bypass kit and some engine scrub. All I want is a new "710" cap.

quick question - all of you seem to worry about the cold but im down here in the south. im not saying im some "bubba redneck" but would the results be any different down here in the deep south? iv concidered it before as the coldest it gets anywhere near here is at most 10 above zero. just wondering the arguements other than cold...

Hockey puck body mounts... hmmm... I used them once to replace bad mounts in an Oldsmobile because I couldn't find new ones. But I only went one high and the car never seen rough roads. If you do a 3 inch lift using pucks you will have 2 sheer points in each body mount. Also, at 3 inches high your mount is now as high as it is in diameter and that means that the mount has a greater chance of rolling over.

2 sheer points + 3 inches high = lots of movement.

I know of someone who did this to left a truck cab. He drove the truck all the time. One day he ended up in the ditch and when the frame stopped short the cab kept going over and over.

It's just not a good idea at all. You may live in the south but still they could dry rot and crack. If you go back to the 1st page there is an EBAY link for buying individual spacers and is cheap so you're better to just go the route that companies came up with to hold up to road and all weather conditions.

Back