Remote start issues | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start issues

Having the same problem, remote start was intermittent, had occasional "Shift to Park" message and now wont start at all. I bought the extended warranty so I'm gonna ask to change the shifter assembly.
Also the passenger side vents are stuck to cold and sometimes hot.

Regretting buying Ford.

I am confused, you have been having this shift to park occasionally which sounds like it has been happening for a while. Why haven't you taken it in to be replaced? Sounds like ignoring it is more an owner issue then a Ford issue now causing it not to start (play with the trigger to clear the message). And you have an ESP toncover the reoairs? Not sure how one can be "regretting" their purchase based on that.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Having the same problem, remote start was intermittent, had occasional "Shift to Park" message and now wont start at all. I bought the extended warranty so I'm gonna ask to change the shifter assembly.
Also the passenger side vents are stuck to cold and sometimes hot.

Regretting buying Ford.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Before they change the shifter, they will likely have to see the problem for themselves.
As for the issue with the vents, it is likely a 'blend door' problem. I found the following thread using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature (upper right).
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums...ford-explorer-heater-blowing-cold-air.436362/

Peter

I am confused, you have been having this shift to park occasionally which sounds like it has been happening for a while. Why haven't you taken it in to be replaced? Sounds like ignoring it is more an owner issue then a Ford issue now causing it not to start (play with the trigger to clear the message). And you have an ESP toncover the reoairs? Not sure how one can be "regretting" their purchase based on that.
Bought a vehicle that's having problems this early in its life, shouldn't be that way, that's why I'm regretting. me not taking it in for service isn't going to change that. Cant read your response about the air. I understand you're a fan boy of ford, so I understand putting the blame on me.

Bought a vehicle that's having problems this early in its life, shouldn't be that way, that's why I'm regretting. me not taking it in for service isn't going to change that. Cant read your response about the air. I understand you're a fan boy of ford, so I understand putting the blame on me.

These are both known issues. No matter what vehicle, a complete all new redesign will have flaws and bugs. Some take a few years to show up. Both being known issues, both have TSBs on them. This isn't a rare failure.. it was very common in the 2011-2013 model years until they redesigned BOTH parts to prevent failure.

The fact that you have been putting up with it and living with it as opposed to getting it fixed after the 1st time is nothing but your fault. Fan boy?? Nice deflection. Just because I enjoy Ford's doesn't meant I am blind to reality. There have been numerous issues that I have never defended Ford on because they simply shouldn't be happening. But don't join a forum (any forum) to complain about an issue that you could have had addressed quickly/easily. The fix is out there, it has been out for years and it is covered under warranty. Once addressed with the new parts, you won't have that issue again.

To say "not it won't start at all" is an owner issue, not a Ford issue. If you would have had it fixed from the beginning, you would not have had no start issues like you are now.

Hello Ford service, I'm also having the same issue. When I go to start my 2011 Explorer Limited remotely, the marker lights blink, the horn sounds and nothing happens. The same happens with both remotes and the batteries are new. Can you tell me if this is a known Ford issue? The starter has worked flawlessly before this problem.

Phil D'Aoust
Chelmsford ON

Hello Ford service, I'm also having the same issue. When I go to start my 2011 Explorer Limited remotely, the marker lights blink, the horn sounds and nothing happens. The same happens with both remotes and the batteries are new. Can you tell me if this is a known Ford issue? The starter has worked flawlessly before this problem.

Phil D'Aoust
Chelmsford ON

Ford Service isn't on the forum anymore. Non start issues are covered in the owner's manual. It means you have a vehicle issues causing it not to start.

I am having this issue intermittently and was wondering if there is a solution. Instead of just the honk, or lights, I have it start briefly, then turn off after a second.

Based on Ford's website, I wonder if it is a low voltage issue from the Explorer's battery.

The remote start system will not work if:
  • The ignition is on.
  • The alarm system is triggered.
  • You disable the feature.
  • The hood is open.
  • The transmission is not in park (P).
  • The vehicle battery voltage is too low.
  • The service engine soon light is on.

I am having this issue intermittently and was wondering if there is a solution. Instead of just the honk, or lights, I have it start briefly, then turn off after a second.

Based on Ford's website, I wonder if it is a low voltage issue from the Explorer's battery.

The remote start system will not work if:
  • The ignition is on.
  • The alarm system is triggered.
  • You disable the feature.
  • The hood is open.
  • The transmission is not in park (P).
  • The vehicle battery voltage is too low.
  • The service engine soon light is on.
Difficult to say. Is the original battery? Do you get any other symptoms apart from remote start? You can always have the battery tested to see what condition it is in.

Peter

Back