Remote starter/ lock

Goober

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT4x4
I know some of you must have done this at one time or another. I was looking into getting an aftermarket remote starter/ lock-unlock kit for my truck. If anyone has any info on a good brand or deal or opinions about them, I'd be greatful for any advice before I go and get one. I'm not sure, but don't XLT's come with the hook-ups for these?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My recommendation is a Clifford Alarm and add the auto-start feature also by Clifford. Get the IQ-700 model or close to it because it offers more features than you will need. I will be getting one installed in a couple of weeks. Oh, price range is about $400 with installation.

Maybe you should look into getting an alarm. Most alarms these days come with a remote start/keyless entry feature.
So you would be getting both things for roughly the same price.

Generally you should be able to get a Viper alarm system for about $250-$300 installed most places, and this would give you alarm, remote start and keyless entry.

As for me I don't know which alarm system to get. I am looking right now.

Thanks for your help. I'll also be looking around. If I find any good deals, I'll post back here. Thanks agian.

I've had a Viper alarm with remote start on mine since shortly after I bought it. I wouldn't want an automatic vehicle without it. It is the best thing I've done to my cars. It's great to never have to worry about scraping windows or getting into hot leather seats ;).

Back