Remove and repair front quarter panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove and repair front quarter panel

vipjeff

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Ford Explorer XLT
I need to remove the front drivers side quarter panel/front fender to repair it. I searched here and looked on youtube and could not find line. I youtube video would be ideal but any help is appreciated.

This is for a Ford Explorer XLT 1995 :exp:

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the dog, got a solid black male and female here.
Sadly the first time they breed, the baby almost killed the mother and had her fixed.
But they are a awewsome pair and a handful :D

Looking at the damage on the fender, myself I would replace it with another fender and not try to fix that one.And depending how you get your replacement fender, will show you how to take the old one off of your car.

If you go to pull & save, you can practice on the fender you take off, that way you know by the time you get to taking yours off.
If you buy a new/used fender, just look at the mounting holes and will see where the bolts on your fender are.
Should not be to dificult.

Your fender has some pretty hard damage to it, would take considerable time to repair it for paint. If that is your goal.

I don't think you're going to be repairing that fender. I'd just get a replacement (used OE). You're going to have to repaint it anyway.

Great ideas thank you! However I have no income right now.

About how much would I expect to pay at a pick-a-part place or cheap place on line?

I for sure dont have access to paint facility so really I just want to remove it and make it as good as I can for now.

Does anyone have a link to to a video or pictures on how to pull and replace this panel?

Thanks for answering all my questions!

try using control/- :D
Holy **** koda! Thanks for being the first to show me. Yes, I'm computer illiterate, but good advice goes a long way.
U da man! :thumbsup:

BTW, great to see your ST progress. Must say you have to be one of the most driven people I've ever seen. Nice work!

About how much would I expect to pay at a pick-a-part place or cheap place on line?

The pick-a-part yards I go to charge $38 plus $7 core charge for car fenders, and $53 plus $7 core charge for truck fenders.

Holy **** koda! Thanks for being the first to show me. Yes, I'm computer illiterate, but good advice goes a long way.
U da man! :thumbsup:

BTW, great to see your ST progress. Must say you have to be one of the most driven people I've ever seen. Nice work!

In case it's not obvious, control/+ makes things bigger. Thanks for following my little ST project. Working on vehicles & fixing stuff has been a life long passion. I used to drive my mother nuts taking stuff apart as a child, of course back then I rarely got things back together again.

I agree - going to be virtually impossible to fix. But, if you want to try, here is what I remember when I had to take my fender off many years ago.
- Remove the fender liner
- Remove the front bumper
- Remove the headlight assembly; there are bolts behind this that point rearward and attach the front structure to the fender (there may be one from the bottom pointing upward??).
- Open the front door and remove the bolts pointing forward into the fender; you do not have to remove the door.
- There may be one or more bolts up from the bottom thru the running board that have to be removed.
- Open the hood and remove the bolts that hold the inner and outer fenders together.
Good luck.

Back