Remove Antenna before Car Wash?? Or Not? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Antenna before Car Wash?? Or Not?

pwscott

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Windsor County, VT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Silver Explorer ST
Callsign
N3KDJ
I am planning to take my 2012 Ex LTD to the fancy car wash in town today where they spray and hand wash it, but at the end a dryer thing rolls up and over the car to 'sweep' the water off...do you all remove your flexible (I assume it's flxible?) antenna from the top before doing so or just let it flex?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't speak for the new Explorers, but when we had a 2005 Focus, the antenna would flex enough under an air dryer that it would bounce off the roof of the car.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. The thing is way out of my reach so am glad to hear leaving it on poses little risk.

I removed mine today, glad I did because I realised it was very loose. It also takes 10 seconds to do, better safe than sorry I guess

I removed mine today, glad I did because I realised it was very loose. It also takes 10 seconds to do, better safe than sorry I guess

It may take 10 seconds but you need (at least I do) to be standing on a step stool or may be a box or something to reach it. I guess I could open the rear moonroof and stand up and get it LOL.

It may take 10 seconds but you need (at least I do) to be standing on a step stool or may be a box or something to reach it. I guess I could open the rear moonroof and stand up and get it LOL.

I left out the part of being over 6' 3"......:D

The rear moonroof opens??

I can't reach mine either, and cannot stand on car because of open hatch blocking antenna so I leave it on in car wash with no problem so far.

Back